Chapter 57. Meeting Songpob.

9:50 on Saturday morning Ming, Karn and I were sitting in the reception area of Uncle Film's offices waiting for our 10 O'clock meeting with Songpob. Book had already sent Ming a text to say he would be five minutes late as Chiang had just arrived back and had wanted to be there.

I was pleased, as when Book and Yacht had returned last Sunday only the two new juniors were with them. Chiang had stayed behind to be with Pond. Ming and I took this to mean that Pond was not out of danger yet and it made us all worried about him once more.

Songpob came out of one of the offices at 9:55am to greet us. He was a handsome man in his mid 20′s. He was well groomed and looked smart in a cream coloured suit with a bright red tie. We all traditionally greeted each other. I saw his eyes flitting over us quickly and I sensed he was sizing us all up. His eyes finally rested on Ming and I could tell that he assumed that Ming was me. That was his first mistake.

 That was his first mistake

"You must be Atthaphan?" He queried, with a broad smile as he offered his business card

That was the second mistake. Not the broad smile or the offering of the card, but addressing Ming as just Atthaphan.

"This is Khun Atthaphan!" Ming replied, putting a real emphasis on the word Khun as he swept his hand in my direction.

Songpob reddened as he returned my greeting. I glared at him.

I introduced him to Karn and Ming very formally as Kongkidakarn Chaiyawan and Korapat Rattanaruangwattana. I tried to act as I had seen my father act when meeting people for the first time.

"Kongkidakarn, and his twin brother, Kongkidakorn, are going to be my trusty left and right hand men. They both have my confidence and are also trusted." I didn't mean to but my voice was hard and quite cutting.

Songpob shuffled uneasily from one foot to the other.

I thought I better loosen up a bit and sound more friendly as I didn't want to ruin everything. "Korn, as he is known, is unable to attend today as he has a previous engagement. The twins are my close friends, and currently my roommates, and they will, eventually, be working closely with me, once they have finished their college course. I wanted at least Karn here to meet you today so he knows who you are when I discuss things with him."