Chapter 59. Reality.

I sat in Ming's room, on his bed, while he was in the shower.

He had made it easy for me by not struggling or saying anything and doing what he does best, going with the flow, as I dragged him by the arm across the Campus, ignoring the stares and the comments from fellow students that were totally unaware of the events in the stands just now.

That was until we were inside his room.

He pulled me into such a passionate kiss that it instantly dissolved the conflict in my head and left me breathless.

No! It wasn't the fact that he needed a shower after the exercise that he had that afternoon that took my breath away, if that's what you are thinking.

It was the intensity of the kiss. It made me feel as if I was like butter and he was a hot knife. I just melted and became soft and pliable. It was as if he now owned me.

I was his.

He could have taken me there and then, I was that vulnerable, and he knew it.

But he didn't.

I had come out in front of everyone. I had faced up to the crowd and staked my claim on him and then led him away like a trophy that I had won.

My mind was awash with emotion and thoughts. Both battling each other.

He kissed me again and again until the last residues of anger and regret had been fully dissipated and I had begun to reciprocate his kiss with some ardour.

He then left me about to burst, and begging for more when he broke away and said he needed to shower.

I needed one too. A cold one.

As Mr Happy cooled down and rested, I reflected on my actions.

Was it that bad that I had claimed him?

Ming had said he wanted to come out as a couple and now I could understand why. It seemed he was desirable, not just to me, but to others too.

I remembered the pieces of paper being thrust into his hands by the Kathoeys. I didn't doubt for one minute that it wasn't their phone and line numbers. Each one with a heart emblem or some slushy sentiment designed to stand out so he would contact them.

I remembered some of the vulgar comments that had been shouted out across the pitch to him. The crudeness and the immaturity of it all. They desired him.

But he was mine not theirs!

A text from Karn disturbed my thoughts.

I replied to his simple 'r u ok' with a simple and yet succinct 'up yours'.

Moments later he called me. "Didn't want to call and interrupt anything."

"I'm not talking to you.... you set that up with that Angel..., didn't you?"

The laugh at the other end of the phone confirmed it. "So what? It worked, didn't it? You came out as a couple and everyone cheered. Looks like what you thought might happen never did."

"You're such a bastard....!" The laughter in my voice gave me away as I could hear Karn chuckling back. "I'll get you back for that..., you and Pang better watch out. I'll make you both pay for doing that."

"You staying there....? Or are you coming back to get changed? Don't forget we're meeting Khun Chiang at 6pm."

"I'll be back later, but not sure if I can face everyone by going out tonight."

"Don't be daft, Earth. You've done the hardest thing. You have earned huge respect for taking control like that. My phones' been hot with comments, mostly complimentary. Don't hide away, being embarrassed. You've no need to be. We're so proud of you too."