Chapter 36. Morning Glory.

It was morning and I was dozing when I heard Ming get up and go to the bathroom. We had stayed up quite late talking after Pond and Chiang had left.

It felt strange being in bed with someone, just lying there. I've never had a friend stay over at my house. Ever. Because I've never had a friend to do that with. I was never invited to sleepover parties either. Okay, when we were very young I did share a bed with Pang but that was just a convenience on Poom's part.

So sharing the bed with Ming was a whole new experience for me. I was happy enough just lying there in that massive bed, not 100% sure that I was grateful for the bolster cushion that Ming had placed between us. Okay, he could have clambered over during the night and had his way with me but I knew that was unlikely. No, the bolster cushion is designed to prevent inadvertent touching during the night, as well as anyone touching you on purpose.

I had been kept awake by my penile tumescence demanding some action and, like most 17 year old boys, that happened most nights. I daren't touch it, though, for fear of disturbing Ming, who I knew would possibly willingly relieve me of the problem that I was facing. I decided that any sleep deprivation was better than disturbing him.

I did manage to get some sleep, thankfully, and in fact seemed to have slept well, but now my need to pee induced morning stiffy was posing a bit more of a problem. I had to get to the bathroom without Ming seeing it.

My brother Moon had regaled me, many times, with the story of how one of the nurses in the hospital admirably dealt with his hardened state after he had an operation to have his appendix out by using a pencil. Fortunately for me there was a pencil on the bedside cabinet. I tentatively picked it up and tried hitting my penis with it to try and make it go down. It didn't work. I wondered whether I was hitting it hard enough or in the right place.

I was in the middle of considering what other action I could take when I heard the door to the bathroom open.

"Sorry! Did I wake you?" Ming apologised, as he exited the bathroom and saw me sitting up in the bed watching him, my hands hopefully covering my erection.

"No! I was already awake and was dithering about going to pee. You sleep okay?" I asked, hoping that he would walk past me to the otherside of the room so I could make it to the bathroom without him noticing my now throbbing manhood.

"Really well, thank you. The bed was so comfortable. What about you?"

"Took me awhile to drop off but good, thank you." I didn't say I was nervous of him in case he tried to jump me, despite believing he wouldn't, nor the fact that I might have been receptive if he had.

Ming unwittingly obliged by going to the window and looking out so I was able to make it to the bathroom with my secret intact.

When I returned Ming was fiddling with the coffee machine. He looked at me pleadingly, "Do you know how to work this thing? Or do you have servants bring you a coffee in the morning?"

I ignored his tease.

"You need to get out more. This one is quite basic and so easy to use. I thought as an engineering student you were meant to be intelligent. Were you really at the back of the queue when the brains were being handed out?" I loaded the pod and checked the water level and pressed the button.

"Show off!" Ming replied, teasingly poking his tongue out at me.

We sat back on the bed with our coffee and we both checked our phones.

The time was 7:15 am.

I sent the twins a text saying I was awake.

"Pond is awake already," Ming advised, as he sent him a text back. "Would you like to shower first when you've finished your coffee? If I do, you may not like 'the gift' I might leave behind."

I laughed at his politeness. "What if I leave you a gift?"

"Your prerogative as you're paying for the room?"

"Don't be like that Ming, please. You being here with me has pleased me. I've never shared a bed with a friend before and I enjoyed your company last night. It was really special."

I leant over and kissed him on the cheek.

"What the hell was that for?" Ming exclaimed.

"To thank you for respecting me last night. It meant a lot to me."

What made me kiss him like that, I don't know, but I know I was blushing as I hurried off towards the bathroom holding a towel in front of me to hide another boner.

"Pond said to meet at 8:15 am in their room. They're having to go for a soak first," Ming advised, as soon as I came out of the bathroom. "They want us to have breakfast with them there in private as they have updates to tell us. Is that okay? You're not too hungry, are you?"

"No. That's fine. I could do with another coffee though. Let me refill the water level first."

I refreshed the coffee machine and I checked my phone as a fresh cup was being made. A text from Karn said 'just woke up will call you soon. Hope you had a good night??????? 🤭😲😮😧😯😇🙄🥰😍😘😀.' I chuckled at the amount of emoji's he attached.

While Ming was in the shower I reflected on the limited information Pond had told us last night. Everything was starting to make sense to me now. The plan was to draw whoever was behind the kidnap attempt on Chiang to here in Hua Hin in a week's time. The arrival of his Uncle Mongkut at the aquarium, we were told, was expected last night. This was the reason they had asked to join us here. He said that the aquarium was not a good place to be trapped in, despite a secret escape route only a few knew about. I gathered that this was possibly why they had asked me about properties in my father's building portfolio. He assured us we were safe here, as we were not the targets, but in any case Thahan had already increased security this weekend. We were to enjoy the time we had, no matter what, and once he had more details he would tell us. I was cool with that, and I know Ming was. In fact I was quite excited by the whole thing, mainly because nothing exciting had ever happened to me before Moon's boat had been blown up. Since then life had taken a definite route of adventure, even if it now seemed to be getting a little bit hairy.

As soon as Ming had finished in the bathroom I made him a coffee and watched him as he dried his hair. He had a fine physique that I was enjoying watching when my phone rang. It was Karn.

"Morning Kiddo!" He said cheerily, "Mum wants us all out of the way while she prepares the party for him tonight and Kla wants to visit the beach and play football and go swimming in the pool. Is that okay with you guys if we come to the beach about 11ish? Will you be ready by then?"

"Need to double check with Pond first. He's not here at the moment. Can I text you after 8:15 am? He should be back by then. I've had an idea for a birthday surprise for Kla but need to check if it's possible first."

There was a slight pause as Karn repeated it to Korn. I heard his sharp intake of breath and Karn reply. "Don't plan too much for him today. Will explain later. Okay?"

We acknowledged the security guards patrolling the area as we walked next door to Pond's villa, dead at 8:15 am, and knocked on the door. Thahan appeared behind us with 3 restaurant waiters with trays of food and hot drinks.

"That was good timing, wasn't it?" I said as Pond opened the door.

"Perfect!" He answered with a broad smile. "You slept well, I hope?"

I stood outside on the veranda and let the waiters go in and place the food on the table. "Yes, we just slept before you even start to suggest anything else. What plans do you have for us today because the twins want to bring Kla to the beach this morning? Is that something you would advise?"

"No reason why not. We are going to hire a boat and go and meet Yacht and some other people after lunch. As I said last night you are definitely not being targeted and not in any danger....., really you're not," he said quietly. "Tell him Kla can come and I'll let you know more about things over breakfast."

I quickly sent a confirmation text to Karn.