Chapter 28. Reconciliation.

Despite agreeing to meet tonight, Pang still kept away from me during the day in college, although she didn't blank me when we passed each other on the stairwell.

The smile and the little wave meant everything to me, and I smiled and waved back.

When Ming and I had met up with Korn and Karn to eat last night, after we had returned from our shopping trip, I told them about bumping into her in the shopping mall, and how Ming had got her to agree to meet us for a meal with the lure of a sponsorship for her dancing club.

Ming had eaten quickly with us as he needed to go back into town as he was working at the aquarium. The twins were surprised that we didn't stay up there and eat and I had come back alone. Ming said he had thought about it, but felt guilty letting me come back carrying all his shopping, especially as it was our first trip out together. You can imagine the teasing Korn gave me after he had gone.

I had told them it was Chiang that was offering to sponsor the Dancing Club, but I knew nothing of the details. Korn had teased me about getting my 'friend' to do my dirty work and generally teased me about Pang, but I knew it was light hearted banter and was not meant unkindly. In fact the three of us had laughed a lot last night and despite Karn mithering me not to tell Pang about liking Ming, or about going away next weekend with him or us, I was feeling more relaxed about the trip and now really looking forward to it.

The one thing that was beginning to concern all three of us was that we had seen very little of Golf, either yesterday or today. We had seen him first thing in the room and during our joint lectures that day, but not for breakfast or lunch. He wasn't readily answering any of our messages either.

We then decided that once I had left for the meal with Pang tonight, Karn would go to the library to do his and Korn's homework, leaving it to Korn to see if he could get Golf to open up to him.

The last thing I wanted was there to be a bad feeling in the room. I had told the twins that I was sure Golf remembered what he had said to us when he was drunk on Saturday night. Korn had said he would try to find out and let me know.

That evening Ming was waiting for me downstairs as we had agreed. One thing I was beginning to notice about him was that he was very like me. Always punctual, never late, and never too early.

He greeted me with a smile that included his eyes. I just loved how expressive they were. It was those eyes that attracted me to him in the first place, and one of the first things I looked at whenever we met. I knew I was getting hooked by him, and was liking the feeling.

"Plaa Plaa Plaa is usually closed on a Monday night so this is why Pond has arranged it. It will just be the four of us to start with but Chiang will be there later. He said to play it, just as we agreed, that this is all your idea as a way of letting her know you still care about her, but to remind you to be careful what you say....., and Earth, especially how you say it? Okay?"

I laughed. "Of course. I won't give the game away. If Pang finds out I like you then I'm dead."

As we walked over to the other side of the Campus to meet Pang and Sky, I sent her a text to say we were on our way. I sincerely hoped that Pang would be ready and waiting for us. She had a bad habit of not being so.

They both were waiting for us, which pleased me, and so did the warm smile Pang gave me.

Ming was the first to say something as we walked back across the Campus side by side. "Earth told me that he always took you out and treated you whenever you had argued, but he was too busy pondering where to take you that I decided to do something about it when I saw you on Saturday. He even went and asked my boss if he would sponsor your Dancing Club. I couldn't believe the nerve of him. Nor could Pond..... Khun Chiang will arrive later tonight to formally make the offer to you."

Pang looked at me and giggled. "You do like to ponder, don't you? You know this was the longest time we have ever not been friends. I knew you would eventually give in and take me out. You always do. Don't think for one minute I will forgive you just like that for the embarrassment you caused me."

I stopped walking and pulled at Pang's arm, making her stop too. Ming just linked arms with Sky and carried on walking.

"I'm sorry about that Pang, really I am."

"And so you should be....! It wasn't a very nice thing to do, was it..., you asscircle?"

"Asscircle?" I queried as I saw a smile threatening to escape her tight lips.

"Yeah! That's what my friend Q said you were. Not quite an asshole but definitely way more than just an ass..... at least that's what I interpreted it as."

"Q? I've never heard you speak of her before."

"Actually... I have made loads of new friends since I stopped babysitting you. You being off with me sort of did me a favour. Don't repeat being an asscircle again though, because I still missed you."

"No.... I won't and I did miss you too...., but you have to accept that I have been through a bad time, and have not been feeling myself recently....."

Pang nudged me. "Good! At least it shows your taste is improving!"

"Pang! You are so smutty."

"It was just sarcasm sent with love...., that's all."

She linked arms with me and squeezed my arm tightly. She nudged me again, trying to make me laugh or smile.

"I know...." I smiled at her. "I've missed you doing that but seriously Pang...., you and Sky going on and on about shipping me with this boy and that boy.... and then telling me who I should, or should not, be friends with.... Well! That was the last straw. If you and Sky can let up on the gay thing and give Ming a chance then there's no reason why we can't all be friends."

"Golf says you've been seeing a lot of each other this past week. Coming home late and that. Even Korn and Karn have been seen out of Campus eating with you both a few times. Do you have something to tell me?"

"There's nothing to tell. The twins like Ming too. Korn and Ming have had a great time talking about football. They are as passionate as each other about it. If he's not bothered by his sexuality, then why should anyone else. We've hardly talked about it, since that first time. Karn really likes him, and he also likes Pond, and you know how he is with new people. Losing my dad and my brothers has changed me, Pang..... I won't deny that...., but it has made me realise how short life can be, and I want to make the most of it. Through Ming I met Pond, and through him I'm meeting other people. I have been roommates with the twins and Golf for over a year now, but in one week I know more about the twins than I ever did before.... I really do like them, and they really like me. The feeling between us is something you cannot fake. They are genuine, Pang... and we have had a fantastically good week.... It's made me realise what I have been missing out on by not being more friendly to them.... It's Golf that has turned odd with us all, and I don't understand why."

"He's jealous. He feels left out. I will admit that I feel a little like that."

I was surprised by her reply and a little hurt, as I didn't even give that any thought. "Well! If you give Ming a chance then you won't be left out."

"What about Golf?" She answered.

"What about him?" I replied immediately "He was given the same choice as Korn and Karn. I don't really care what he thinks anymore. He's old enough to make his own choices, but I do care what you think. You are my best friend, Pang, and I have missed you."

Pang squeezed my arm again but this time she leaned into me. "I've missed you too. It was such a weird time being away from you. I was so jealous and I know I shouldn't have been. I know you don't love me romantically, and never would, even if we were of the same status. I was too proud to come to you.... or text you. I was so pleased that Ming said what he did on Saturday that I will give him a chance."

"And Pond too?" I asked. "They are not lover's or anything. So?"

"Okay! Yes!" She smiled as I kissed her forehead.

"Good! You can start tonight as he will be there too."