Chapter 26. Birthday Invite.

As Ming approached the twins they both held up a hand for him to high five.

"Have you got any of the stuff that you've been putting in his pomegranate juice left?" Korn asked with the cheekiest of grins. "If so we wouldn't mind having some of it. There's a couple of girls we wouldn't mind turning their heads to becoming besotted with us."

Ming laughed. "He surprised me last night. I didn't think he was feeling it as bad as that."

Korn man hugged him and whispered something in his ear. Ming gave a nervous laugh. "I won't!" He emphatically answered as Karn followed his brother in man hugging him too.

"You okay?" He asked me, his eyes bright, and giving me a sweet smile.

"Yeah!" I replied, smiling back looking at him slightly awkwardly.

"Just so we know, you two boyfriends...? Or are you just mutually liking each other?" Korn mischievously asked.

I looked at Ming hoping he would answer because I wasn't sure what our status was.

"Mutually liking each other is how we left it last night," Ming answered a little bashfully, "though I'm hoping by the end of the week, once he has had time to think, we will at least be dating."

"He's just told us you're going on a date next weekend," teased Korn.

Ming looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "You call looking at apartments a date?"

I heard the twins giggle.

"Boy! No wonder you've been single for so long," Ming teased. "Can't you think of something more romantic, like going to a movie or party or something?"

"He's been invited to our brother's 16th birthday party next weekend, but he'd rather look at finding a love pad with you."

I attempted to slap Korn and missed.

"You turned down going to a party for me? How sweet is that?" Ming declared, trying to sound surprised.

"Or how dumb!" Korn added, just as Karn opened his mouth to say something.

"It's an overnight stay and he didn't think of asking if you could come. He's obviously still thinking solo and not duo. He can't be in love yet, Korn, can he?"

"Leave it out guys, please. We're just friends at the moment but as soon as that changes I will let you know........ Not!"

We all laughed nervously, each of us seemingly not knowing quite what to say.

Karn broke the silence. "Seriously though, Earth. Why don't you come to the party and bring Ming? You can both sleep in our room....., sleep as in eyes closed and not as in eating each other. Besides meeting Kla..., it will give you a chance to be yourself around Ming, and get to know him away from here."

"Hang on brother!" Korn butted in, "I don't mind them being together but I don't need to see them at it. Besides, Mum and Dad will not approve."

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant Earth can finally lower his guard and relax around us knowing we are cool about them. Ming can also help him convince Dad to increase our budget. The more the merrier is what I say! We can all go and look at apartments the following weekend anyway. What do you say, Earth? Are you and Lover Boy up for it?"

I looked at Ming.

"Don't look at me to make the decision," Ming fired back, holding his hands up, all jazzy like and quite defensively. "You more or less own the complexes, and I doubt very much if they are going anywhere in the next week or so. Anyway, I'm sure that whoever is in charge will let you pick what you want, when you want. Party over trooping round complexes? If you choose the latter..., then you can forget about us ever dating!"