Chapter 48. Check Mate.

Pang was close to tears. "I'm sorry. It was after you had embarrassed me in the canteen. I was upset and my mother had asked me why. Can you forgive me?" She asked, looking sadly at me.

"I know you were angry and upset with me. It is natural for girls to talk to their mother when upset. I get that..., and yes, I can forgive you."

Pang rested her head on my shoulder. "Thank you. I'm truly sorry that my indiscretion has caused a problem for you. I had no idea that Mum would say anything to Khun Chirwan, none at all."

"That's what I don't get. Why did she feel she needed to tell my mother? I am so angry with her for being disrespectful to me and not checking with me first that it was true."

"Would you have told her?" Pang asked, smiling sweetly, obviously pleased that I had forgiven her and that we were still friends.

"I don't think so. I was so confused about my feelings for Ming before we left for Hau Hin and with you and Sky going on about me having a boyfriend didn't help. It was only because I had time to think that I realised I was gay. I didn't want anyone to know until I had come to terms with it. I would have told you, you know..., I wanted you to be one of the first people I told because you've been my closest friend since we were babies. Now, because of your indiscretion you're the last of my friends to be told."

"So who else knows then?" Sky asked with a mischievous smile.

"Just the twins and Pond......, and only because they were there when I asked Ming to be my boyfriend."

"You asked Ming?" Pang queried, unable to hide her surprise.

"Mmmnn." I replied, taking a quick look at Ming. "I had a brave moment and went for it."

"So you're a 1 (one) and not a 0 (zero) then?" Pang asked.

I looked at Ming rather confused.

"It's gay terminology," he said chuckling. "She is using slang only used in gay circles. A guy that likes to bottom is referred to as a 0, as it looks like a hole and a guy that likes to top is referred to as a 1, as it looks like a penis. Those guys that like to do both are called versatile and they are referred to as 0.5. It's weird having girls talk this way."

"So which are you then?" Pang asked me, playing with her hair seductively giving me her sweetest smile. "Top....., or bottom..., or are you somewhere in between?"

"Ming is just my boyfriend and not my lover, if that's what you are really wanting to know." I held Pang's look of disbelief. "I'm not ready to take things further just yet and when I am....., I won't be telling you as it's none of your business."

Pang just laughed at me. "You won't need to tell me. I'll know. I know loads about boylove things and anyway, lots of BL relationships don't last long either."

I looked at Ming but he was looking straight down at the table in front of him.

Pang started mauling me again. "I still think you are just confused. You obviously have remembered that I told you if girls think you are gay then they would be chasing after you. You and Ming make a cute couple but you'll need to change if you want the girls to do that. When it all goes horribly wrong I will still be there for you..., even if you're a zero at heart."

"You may know technically things about boylove Pang but you will never know how it feels," challenged Ming. "From a tops point of view as well as a bottoms. Theory is one thing but practical experience is another. Why are you so hung up about gay boy sex? You frustrated or a lesbian in denial?"

I looked at Ming, scarcely believing what I just heard him say.

Pang's face was red with anger. "I am not a lesbian. How dare you accuse me of being that? We don't do anyone any harm by watching these programmes, anyway you're one to talk..., seducing a straight boy like Earth."