Chapter 6 - The Wedding (Part - 1)

We reached Fazilka, Punjab at 9 am after a very tiring 5 hrs flight

We reached Fazilka, Punjab at 9 am after a very tiring 5 hrs flight. As soon as we reached our hotel, the preparations began because we only had 2 hrs. Our lawyer has given us the 11 am slot.

I freshened up and began getting ready. I wore a simple red saree with minimal jewellery and light makeup. The best I could at such short notice. I kept my hair down. My sister applied some sticker Mehandi kinda thing on my hands because obviously, we don't have time for the real one.

Who could have thought that I would be getting married in such a way

Who could have thought that I would be getting married in such a way. This saree no doubt, is very beautiful but at the end of the day it's just a saree. Every bride deserves to go bonkers at their wedding. They should get to decide the conduction of rituals, venue, theme, outfits and the most important part, their HUSBAND but did I get any of that? Nope.

Throughout our flight, the only thing I could think of was my future. I'm scared, I'm literally scared because I have no idea what my future holds for me. I just hope that the guy I'm marrying is good enough to spend the rest of my life with. I've accepted the fact that there is no way out of this situation and now it's both of ours job to make this relationship work. Since, both of us are in the exact same situation, I really hope that he thinks the same.

Right now, I'm sitting in the car my groom's family sent for us to reach the hospital. Why did I use the word 'Groom' you may ask? That's because I'm stupid. First, I forgot to switch on the button for my charger at my home and now, I forgot to keep my phone in my purse. Sone pe suhaga moment.

This also means that I still have no idea about the person I'm getting married to.

Thanks to my super alert brain.

But the thing is that this has never happened to me before because I always make sure to charge my phone and carry it along but it's the nervousness that's making me like this.

To say that I'm nervous would probably be an understatement because I'm going crazy. To be honest, I don't know what am I feeling. Am I scared? Am I nervous? Am I going crazy?

All the above.

But I need to stay positive. Everything happens for a reason and maybe God has better plans for me.