Chapter 27 - The Awakening

I woke up to the buzzing sound of my phone

Ugghhh! Who's messaging me so early in the morning?

I looked at the screen to see some random spam name flashing in the notification panel.

Why do they even exist?

There was Kanika's text too. I saw the time and rubbed my eyes to read clearly. Damnn! It's 1:15 pm for real. I turned to Shubman and found him sleeping soundly.

My sleeping Beauty.

He tightened his grip around my waist in his sleep.

Awwww! He's so damn cute.

I placed a kiss on his forehead and opened Kanika's text.

____________________________

✉️

Dr. Kanika : Hello Ma'am!
Good morningggggg 💗
Call me when you're free.

_____________________________

I make a mental note of calling Kanika as soon as I get ready. I keep my phone aside and turn towards Shubman slowly trying my best to not wake him up. Although, it's really late and he should wake up now.

Chalo 10 min aur sone deti hu.

(I'll let him sleep 10 more minutes.)

I stare at his beautiful face. How is this man so ridiculously handsome? Everything about his face is just perfect be it his beautifully symmetrical face or his perfectly shaped nose or his naturally long eyelashes. God! Even his lips are perfect. This man is the epitome of perfection. I can look at him all day long and never get tired.

I look at the clock and it's 1:30 pm. I think I should wake him up now because it's the time for lunch and we already skipped breakfast today. I caress his face with my right hand hoping he'll wake up but he didn't. I placed a kiss on his forehead and saw a small smile emerge on his face but he didn't open his eyes. I smiled at his cuteness.

I placed a kiss on his nose next but he didn't open his eyes this time either. He removed his left hand from my waist and tapped his lips hinting me to kiss there next. I breathed a chuckle.

Ye ladka!

(This boy!)

I pecked his lips and his eyes fluttered open with a beautiful smile on his face. His hand made his way back to my waist and pulled me closer.