Bonus Chapter - The Paradise

"See you in the match, Skipper

"See you in the match, Skipper." Rahul Dravid sir said while patting my back. A proud smile furnished his face as he looked at me with pride shining in his eyes.

An overwhelming feeling warmed my heart as I heard those words leave his mouth.

Skipper.

Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in my professional life. I was announced as the Captain of the Indian Cricket ODI team for the India vs Australian series. (🧿) My first ever series as the captain of ICT.

Once a wise man said, 'The show must go on.' and that's exactly what we're trying to do. No one will ever be able to fill in Rohit Bhai's shoes as a captain but I'll try and give it my everything to make everyone proud.

I know, he'll always be there for me with his 'Woh' tips to help me out but I won't deny the fact that I will really miss him on the field.

Afterall, Hum unke garden me ghumne wale bachhe hai. The only difference is that we don't have him on the field to keep us in check anymore, something I really miss and find extremely hard to move on from.

(Afterall, we are his kids who roam around in the park.)

Him and the board members trusted me enough to pass the torch to me (🧿) and I'll give it my best to make every single one of them proud.

"Thankyou, coach. I hope, I don't disappoint." I said with a faint smile lacing my lips.

"You won't." He replied with a smile. (🧿)

We nodded at eachother and parted our ways. I made my way towards the lobby with a racing heart. As much as I love the new role, I'm also very nervous about it.

Will I be able to fill in Rohit Bhai's shoes? Will I be good enough to bring India the same respect all our previous captains were able to?

Stop it! Stop underestimating yourself. You can do it!

With a deep breath and an injunction to stop myself from overthinking, I walked out of the ground.

I was walking in the lobby when I saw Virat Bhai walking into the hotel.

I'm so fucking glad to still have him atleast.

"Areeee! Captain Sahab. Kya Haal?" He asked while throwing his left arm around my shoulders.

(Captain, How are you?)

"Nervous af." I said honestly.

"Well, it is definitely a role that can make anyone nervous but have faith in yourself, Kaka. It'll get better and we're all here to guide you through this." Virat bhai said.

"I think, I miss Rohit Bhai a little extra today." I said wistfully.

"I miss him too. It feels like we just started yesterday and look at us now, one of us has already retired. Kuch din baad mai bhi chala jaunga because that's how life is. Every good thing comes to an end and it's about time for us seniors to pass the torch to you all." Virat Bhai said with a small smile on his face.