Chapter 33 - The Ephemeral Goodbye

My eyes fluttered open due to the faint sound of door being closed.

I looked in the direction of the source of disturbance to find Shubman looking at me with wide eyes and a rueful expression.

A faint aroma of delicious food filled the entire room. I looked around and saw a tray full of food next to the door.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." He said walking towards me and got back in his side on the bed.

He pulled me in his arms and pecked my temple. I stretched my arms over my head for a toe curling stretch then wrapped them around his neck.

"Good morning, Mere Swami." I said then puckered my lips out for him to kiss. He let out a breathy chuckle and pecked my puckered lips making us both smile at my idiocy.

"Wait a second." He said and turned around to get something from the bedside drawer.

His right hand pulled me closer while he held a red rose in his left. "Good Morning, Sunshine." He said.

I chuckled and accepted the flower.

"Where did you get this so early in the morning?" I said inhaling the rose's fragrance which was very faint.

He pointed to the cabinet next to the door.

Ohhh it's from the last night's bouquet.

"We left it in the car last night. Mayank brought it in the morning. Also, it's not morning anymore. It's 1:00 pm." He said making my eyes widen.

"Oh shit!" I turned my head to look at the clock to confirm the time. "I have to pack my bags!" I said.

We'll be leaving today evening. Shubman is flying with me to Bhopal then he'll switch flights from there and go to Fazilka for 2 days before leaving for England.

Why is this week over so soon?

"Relax, we'll do everything in time. We still have 5 hours." He said caressing my face.

I sighed and snuggled closer to him hissing a bit due to the soreness.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt too much?" He asked with a concerned expression.

"It hurts when I move." I said.

"Do you want me to get any medicine for it?" He asked.

"No! Don't worry. I have painkillers in my medicine bag." I said.

He nodded and placed a kiss on my lips.

I saw his cheeks flush in a faint tint of pink. "Why are you blushing, Mr. Gill." I asked with amusement lacing my words.

"Was.. was I good?" He asked with a small sheepish smile.

"Awww!" I exclaimed with a chuckle and pecked his blushing cheeks. "You're so cute, Shubman."