Chapter 21 - The Tara Fiasco

Mai meri khud ki dushman hu

(I am my own enemy.)

I could have stopped the moment I saw that pathetic article going viral but no, I had to go on every single social media and open the comments.

Curiosity kills the cat. Rightly said.

There is an idiom in hindi '' woh chaar log kya kahenge? '' well, we should just change it into '' woh chaar apps kya kahenge? '' and those apps are Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

(What would those four people say?)

(What would those four apps say?)

People on these four apps have turned into Kanta Chachi who just can't mind their own business.

(Father's brother's wife i.e. Aunt.)

Ever since that swine leaked our pictures, the whole internet is under turmoil. If she didn't brainwash people with that article, people would have found those pictures very cute and romantic but because that bitch mentioned the word 'prostitute', everyone is out trolling us.

"He definitely deserved a Russian after that knock."

"What's her Price?"

"Gill bhai idhar bhi bhej dena."

(Gill bro send her here too.)

These are some of the many things people have been commenting. They have no shame and it's really upsetting. How can they be so cruel? Without confirmation or any proof they just started saying all that because an article said so.

People on social media are so easy to fool. They are literally sitting there with popcorn in their hands because that's how interesting it is from their point of view. I know this because of my colleagues. They have been yapping about this controversy throughout the lunch.

'What if he falls in love with her? That can be the plot of a movie. Star cricketer of ICT falling in love with a prostitute. You know, like the desi version of "Pretty Woman". That would be so cool.' Dr. Amaya said getting excited for God knows what.

I can't believe I have to listen to this dumb head after having a literal breakdown.

What they don't know is that the said "prostitute" is sitting right next to them.

'That would definitely be a good plot but being a prostitute is not a crime. Why are people being so mean? We don't even know who she is or if she actually is what they claim her to be. People are being absolutely cruel to that girl.' Dr. Kanika said sipping her cold coffee. This is why she's my favourite among all my colleagues.

If only more people thought like her.

Things got even more fermented when Shubham posted a story on his Instagram account a few minutes after we finished our call.