Chapter 14 - The Deferred Kiss

It has been 4 days since we got married and sadly, it's time for me to leave for Bhopal

Didar Baba has recovered well and is out of danger but he'll be on medication for quite some time. The good thing is that he'll be discharged in 2 days.

These four days have been like a dream for me and I'll miss everyone here. Everyone has been nothing but sweet to us and have welcomed us to their family with open hands.

I'll miss that one 6'1 man with a beautiful smile the most. I can say that we became friends atleast because it's easier to talk to him now.

We literally rendezvoused in the kitchen everyday at midnight for our midnight snack. It kind of became like our thing. He would cook for me and I'll sit there and utter absolute nonsense, making it my favourite part of the day but all that is coming to an end today because we'll be leaving in a few hours.

We need to get back to our work and now, Baba is fairly better too. Although, he didn't want us to leave so soon because unfortunately, he didn't get to spend time with us. It makes me feel really guilty but my hospital has 'five casual leave at a time' policy and it sucks.

But he understood our problem too so, with a heavy heart we bid our goodbyes to him and left the hospital.

I was packing my bag when I heard someone knock on the door.

I opened it to see Shubman standing there.

'Hey, please come on in.' I said with a smile.

'Hi.' He said walking inside the room.

'All set for the flight?' He asked standing next to my bag.

'Almost.' I replied.

He looks.. sad?

Are you sad that I'm leaving or am I being too full of myself, Mr. Gill?

'Kya hua?' I asked.

(What happened?)

Say that you'll miss me.

'I.. uh.. ' he didn't complete what he was saying instead, he held a box out for me.

'Your gift.' He said.

'You didn't need to get me anything, Shub. I was just teasing you.' I said.

'I wanted to.' He said looking into my eyes and then smiled.

He's so cute I'm going to cry.

I took it from his hand and muttered, 'Thankyou.'

'Open it.' He said with a hint of playfulness in his eyes.

I did as he asked.

It's a beautiful locket with a sun like pendant with diamonds at the centre.