Chapter 29 - The Bombshell

I woke up to the buzzing sound of my phone

I woke up to the buzzing sound of my phone. It's 8:30 am already?

God! I don't want to wake up just yet.

Unfortunately, I have no other choice but to wake up because I need to log in to eSanjeevani at 10 am.

I check if there is any text from Kanika and to my surprise, there isn't.

Must be sleeping.

Just when I was about to keep my phone back on the drawer, I saw 'Mummy' flash on the screen. I got off the bed slowly trying my best to not wake Shubman up and walked out of the room to receive the call.

I talked to mom for around 15 minutes before cutting the call.

I was walking towards our room when Ishan's room door at the end of the corridor opened.

I saw a disheveled looking Kanika rushing out of Ishan's room in a hurry. She was still in yesterday's outfit wearing Ishan's last night's shirt as a jacket and was speed walking out of his room.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I stood shocked and looked in her direction. She saw me and stopped in her tracks looking at me with wide eyes. That's the exact same expression I had on my face.

Just then Ishan walked out of his room shirtless. "Kanika, Please wai-"

He stopped when he saw me and looked at me horrified. Both of them looked like two deer caught in the headlights.

I looked between the two of them and neither of them spoke a word. I looked around to see if anyone was there and walked closer to her.

"Kanika?" I said not knowing what exactly I wanted to ask her because everything was clear infront of me. I can even see a hickey above her collar bone.

"Ma'am, I - " She started but didn't have words to complete her sentence.

"What is this, Kanika?" I asked.

I know it's none of my business and both of them are adults. They can do whatever the fuck they want to but as much as I can read the room, Kanika was running away and Ishan was trying to stop her.

"It was.. It was just an one-night stand." She said her tone turned harsh for a second. Ishan turned his head in her direction looking astonished and.. hurt?

"Ma'am, I need to leave. I have a flight to catch at 3 pm. I'll talk to you later." She said and sped walked towards the elevator.

Neither did I say anything nor did Ishan. After the elevator door closed, I turned around and looked at Ishan. He was still looking towards the elevator.

"Yes, It was just a hookup." He said and nodded as if he was talking to himself rather than me.

His expressions and words don't comply with each other. Hook up is something you don't give a fuck about but Ishan seemed hurt when Kanika said 'it was just a hookup' and she seemed angry.