Chapter 11 - The Walk

Surprise! Surprise! Two chapters in one day. 💪🏽😎

Before we start the chapter, I want to say that I'm not a Punjabi and I'm not very well aware of the rituals and traditions so, just in case you find some information wrong, please let me know also, the sequence could also be wrong because I found all this information on the internet and I don't know the right order. I'm sorry in advance.

Happy reading! ❤️❤️

We left for his house as soon as Pramod Uncle came

We left for his house as soon as Pramod Uncle came. Baba also decided to stay with Didar Baba.

We took different cars to avoid getting pictured together. I don't know much about Punjabi wedding rituals but I think the traditions mummy ji was talking about i.e., Greh Pravesh (Bride's welcome ceremony) and Mooh dikhayi (Bride's face reveal) are done in the same way in both of our houses.

We reached a very familiar looking house. Familiar because I've seen pictures and reels of this house. That reel is my favourite in which Shahneel Di and Shubman were standing next to each other and were about to do some step when Di lost her balance and fell causing Shubman to laugh hysterically. It was shot in this house when it was getting built.

Dude, you're such a creep.

This is my biggest flaw. I remember each and every thing to its minute details and because I follow all the news and pages related to Shubman - MY HUSBAND, I need to keep my mouth shut and not let things slip 
like during those 'interviews' topic. I won't be able to cover it up every time.

I'm glad people can't hear my thoughts out loud or else I'll be sent to some asylum real quick.

When we reached the house, guards opened the door for us and we parked inside. We got out of the car and walked towards them. I was busy looking around because damn! this house is huge and It's beautiful but I think I really love the garden.

And they have a beautiful vintage looking swing at the end of the garden. WOW!

Swings make me really nostalgic.

When I turned back to look at everyone, my eyes met his and he has a small smile on his face which made me smile instantly.

Yahi behosh hojaungi mai.

(I'll faint right here.)

Oh the amount of fake scenarios I have had for this very moment is uncountable. Shubman Gill, who also happens to be my husband is smiling at me. If I could, I would definitely love to pause this moment and dance my heart out but since I can't, I'll do that later. Also, I'm the bride I need to relax and be subtle.

After a few beautiful seconds of our eye contact, I actually got shy and looked away. Mummy Ji and Di were waiting inside the house with plates in their hands while Shubman was waiting for me at the door.