Chapter 22 - The Surprise Tryst

HAPPY READING EVERYONE!

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER. ❤️

P.S. LIKE LAST TIME WE DECIDED TO FORGOT ABOUT MORNING BREATH, THIS TIME LETS FORGET ABOUT GERMS ON DOCTORS AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK. 🤭

🦋

'Hi, Baby

'Hi, Baby.' He said.

I gasped in shock and peeked my head through the doorway. I turn my head towards the left and then right to see if anyone can see us. Luckily, this room is near my unit's ward on the second floor and because it's late, maximum staff has left except the evening nursing staff, ofcourse.

I see two men standing by the ward's hallway door frame and I look at Shubman.

'Security.' He said slowly. I looked around one more time, pulled him inside the room and locked the door.

He removed his cap and mask quickly then threw them on the bed and turned towards me.

'Shubman, What are you doing here? What if anyo- ' He pulled me in a hug before I could finish.

'I missed you so much, Bunny.' He said tightening his arms around me and lifting me off my feet. I stopped saying whatever I was going to and wrapped my arms around his neck.

'I missed you too, baby.. so damn much.' I said.

'Is everything okay, Shubhi?' I asked as I was genuinely concerned over this surprise visit.

'Yes. Everything is fine. Bas tumhe dekhne ka dil kiya toh aagaya.' He said.

(I came because I felt like seeing you.)

That sentence was like music to my ears.

'Aww.. mere swami.' I said snuggling my face in his left shoulder.

(My Husband.)

He pulled his face away and gave me a goofy grin and said, 'Say that again.'

'What? Mere swami?' I asked breathing a chuckle and he nodded his head.

I cupped his face with my right hand and said, 'Mere swami.' and pecked him on the lips. His smile broadened.

His phone started ringing and he put me down unwillingly making me laugh a little then he received the phone call, said 'Okay' and cut it.

He looked at me and said, 'That was just Mayank, my bodyguard.'

'Oh' he murmured like he remembered something and pulled a red rose out of his jacket's inside pocket. He held it out for me with a smile.

I accepted the rose with heat creeping my cheeks. 'Thankyou.' I muttered.

He pulled me in his arms and kissed my forehead.