Seperation

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman had his eyes focused on the road ahead, while Ishan was observing his surroundings, observing the quiet and empty roads, observing Shubman's undivided attention on the road, observing Shubman's hand in his hand like two perfect pieces of a puzzle fitting together.

"You know you didn't have to come all the way to the airport at 3 am to drop me right?" asked Shubman.
"I know" was all he got as a reply.

Ishan sole focus was on their intertwined hands, neither of them said anything for the rest of their journey.

They reached the airport soon enough, maybe too soon was what they both felt not wanting to be separated from the other.

Shubman removed his seatbelt and Ishan followed, Ishan was about to burst out crying but he controlled himself, not wanting Shubman to see him cry before leaving. Shubman turned to look at him and instantly realised his emotions and just wanted to pull him for a hug. Shubman slid the car seat back to make more room.

"Come here baby" said Shubman and Ishan climbed over to his seat almost tripping but Shubman caught him and made him sit on his lap.
(AN- Not him tripping in such a serious situation, if I were Shubman I would've laughed oops)

Shubman pulled him closer hugging him while resting his head on Ishan's shoulder and hiding his face in Ishan's neck.
Ishan started overthinking.
'When will we meet again? Will I see him anytime soon? We will probably meet in the IPL in March as he's leaving for the test series against England, which I'm not a part of due to not making myself available for selection. But we only have 2 matches against GT in the IPL. He's also been announced as the captain of GT recently, so he probably won't even meet me during practices and will be busy, as I already experienced it with Hardik bhai being the previous captain.'

Shubman as if hearing his inner turmoil kissed his shoulder and said "We will meet again soon meri jaan."
But Ishan did not believe him. He was too deep in his thoughts to believe Shubman, and just pouted.

Shubman's eyes drifted to Ishan's lips and Ishan licked them out of nervousness. Shubman leaned in still staring at his lips and then stopped just near his lips and looked in his eyes. It was intentional, he was silently asking if it was ok, if Ishan was ok with Shubman kissing him. Ishan just closed his eyes and leaned in silently indicating that it was ok, it would always be ok, as long as it was him, as long as it was Shubman, he would always be more than ok with anything and everything.

The kiss was slow, full of love and longing, filled with unspoken promises. It was Shubman's way of trying to convince Ishan that they would meet soon. When they pulled away Ishan wasn't yet sure if he believed Shubman, but it was enough to give him a little hope, which is all he could wish for as of now. Ishan opened the door and got off with Shubman following behind.

Ishan wasn't wanting to cry anymore but he was still very upset, Shubman kissed his forehead and tried to lighten the mood, "Call me when you get home my love and please drive safely, oh and remember clutch is on the left, accelerator on the right and brake in the middle."
"Haha very funny, I'm a better driver than you Mr Shubman Gill, so don't try to act smart."
Shubman just shrugged with a big smile on his face, which made Ishan roll his eyes, but a tiny smile made its way to his lips.
"Have a safe journey Shub and text me when you reach."

Ishan got in the car and drove home. He called Shubman as promised.
"Hello meri jaan, did you reach home?"
"hi, yes I just reached, did you finish boarding baby?"
"Yeah my flight will take off in about 15 minutes."
"ok" Ishan said in a very small voice.
"What's wrong, are you sleepy my love?"
'No I'm upset, I don't want you to leave.' Ishan thought but he didn't say it out loud as Shubman had tried really hard to cheer him up and even hid his own sadness just to see Ishan smile.
"Yes, it's 4 am Shub ofcourse I'm sleepy."
"Go rest baby, we'll talk later."
"NO... I mean please don't hang up"
"Baby you need sleep"
"But I don't wanna sleep alone :("
"Switch to video call"
And then they talked on video call until Ishan fell asleep. Shubman just stared at his cute sleeping baby until he had to hang up as the flight took off.
(they talked for like 2 mins ok, my baby was sleepy)

2 weeks later
Ishan had made himself available and had gotten selected for the 3rd to 5th test match against England.
He was overthinking for no reason after all he thought and giggled 'khi khi'
"SHUBIIIIII" he ran when he saw his Shub and tackled him in a hug.

The End.

________________________________________

Um idek if I'm gonna post this but yeah had to try it out.