Never before pt3

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman's pov

It had been been one month and 17 days since I had been here. It didn't feel like such a hell hole anymore. This place might've actually been much more peaceful than my so called 'home'. But then that was probably only because of a certain doe eyed innocent looking boy that I had the luck of meeting. I considered myself lucky to have met him. Despite him still not talking to me much, except just a few words here and there, I was still content with just his presence.

I had a lot of questions to ask him but I had refrained myself for asking any them not wanting to push him away. He had built high walls around him which I had respectfully waited for him to take down instead of breaking them and trying to barge in on my own. It hadn't been easy for me, especially since I wasn't much of a talker myself, to hold up conversations with someone who didn't speak much.

"Why are you here?"
"huh? What do you mean? It's lunch time where else am I supposed to be?"
"I mean in this hospital."
"Ohhh, well why do you think I'm here?"
"I heard the others talking Shubman, are you here because of a drug addiction?"
Suddenly all I wanted to do was to deny these allegations. I never cared about what anyone thought about me before but I suddenly cared. I cared about what he thought of me.

As I sat there thinking about all of these things, all I could think about was, would he believe me? I didn't try with my father because I knew he wouldn't, but I wanted to try now. But what if he didn't believe me either, just like my father? What if he thought lowly of me?
And then I started thinking about what if I had been a drug addict? Does that mean he would have left me? Would he have been disgusted by me?

I stood up abruptly leaving my lunch as I turned and left towards my room. I knew I had thought too much, went too far. I wasn't even a drug addict so why did I even think of such possibilities. I sat in my room letting the tears flow. I had never felt such desperation before. It felt as if I would lose my whole world.  I couldn't believe I was reacting this way to such a seemingly innocent question.

I felt someone opening the door and walking in but I was too heart broken to see who it was. I was suddenly enveloped in a warm hug, which startled me.
"It's me."
I leaned into the hug. I had never had someone hug me so lovingly and warmly before. As I sat there sobbing I heard him speak up.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. I was just asking. It's okay if you are, you know."
"I am what?"
"A drug addict. I would never judge you for it."
"B- But I- I'm not a d- drug addict."

After a while of silence, he just asked,
"Then why are you crying?"
"You believe me?"
"Am I not supposed to?"
After a while I stopped crying and noticed he had been standing there hugging me in an awkward position next to my bed. I pulled him on my lap and continued to cuddle him. I could feel him freezing on my lap, not expecting me to pull such a move.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable-"
"No its okay. I was just surprised that's all."

As he got comfortable in my lap he asked again,
"So why are you here then?"
"My father thought I was a drug addict and sent me here."
"Why did he think that?"
"I might've tried it and someone showed him the pictures."
After I explained the details to him, (I'm too lazy to write it again) I decided if he had been bold enough to ask me, I could easily ask him the same aswell.
"Why are you here?"
"I attempted to commit suicide."
"Why?"

He went quiet at that for a while and patiently waited for him to answer as I rubbed his back trying to soothe him.
"I was bullied a lot in college... as someone outed me....I'm gay."
He looked up at me fearing my reaction as teared welled up in his beautiful eyes.
"And I'm murderous. I need names."
he just chuckled a little at that and I found him absolutely mesmerizing.
"Was it bad?" He nodded and I just pulled him closer to my body, hugging him tightly.
"They physically abused me and told me that I should just die. I used to harm myself to stop the voices in my head, but after getting brutally beaten one day, I couldn't take it anymore and tried to commit."

"You know I saw you the night you came here, they gave you an injection as you tried to resist them...what was that about?"
"I had found a piece of glass and tried to commit again and they were trying to stop me."
"Do you still hear the voices in your head?"
"Not anymore."
I just nodded understandingly, rubbing circles on his back. We stayed there in silence for a while as he let his tears flow. After he stopped crying and we started chatting about random stuff again, his face suddenly lit up and he smiled widely as he said,
"Would you like to speak to my family?"
Despite being nervous and not ready at all I knew I couldn't say no to him when he smiled at me like that. I would never want to be the reason his smile dimmed even the slightest bit.

"Papa I made a new friend."
He continued speaking to his father before introducing me and then handing the phone to me.
"Thank you so much beta."
"Why are you thanking me uncle?"
"I can hear the happiness in his voice and I can already picture his smile. I haven't seen him smile in so long."
"I'll try my best to always keep it intact uncle."
"He used to be such a chattery boy, we were so worried about him since he had stopped speaking."
"He still has a long way to go uncle, he still doesn't speak much, but I believe over time he will be back to normal again."
"With your support, I'm sure he will be back to normal soon aswell. I think it's time to call him back home beta."

My mood had instantly soured after hearing that. I didn't want to leave my Ishan even for a second. I wanted to stay with him. But I knew that would be very selfish of me, I could see Ishan was missing his family and I didn't want to stop him here any longer than necessary, so I just agreed with uncle.
Ishan soon found out that he was getting called back home and he looked happy but then he took one look at me and then started crying. I just hugged him close trying to console him, not wanting to see my baby cry.

I cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears as I looked at him. He looked so beautiful. He then leaned in and kissed me. I was really surprised but very pleased that he was the one that had made the move. As we kissed passionately with him in my lap, he pulled away suddenly, apologizing.
"Why are you apologizing baby?"
"I- I" He just blushed at the nickname not being able to complete his sentence.

"I don't want to leave you." he said after a while of us just sitting there in silence.
"You won't have to baby."
"but how-"
"I'll just pay someone to convince my dad to let me out of here." I said shrugging.
"Promise?"
"Promise."

I had kept my promise and soon the both of us left the hospital, hand in hand. We moved into an apartment together and after a couple months, the chattery Ishan was back completely and I promised myself to never let anything happen to him ever again.

The End.

________________________________________

I'm writing a short book on them, I'll probably start posting it in a couple days. I wasn't planning on writing a book, but one of the oneshots that I started writing seemed to be a bit too long so I decided to turn it into a short story.

Also I haven't proofread this so just yeah.