Just friends? pt5

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

I heard shuffling and doors opening and closing and I opened my eyes to look at the time and my eyes widened.
"Wait WHAT? It's 9 am??? Why didn't you wake me up? We are an hour late for practice!!"
I abruptly got out of bed and ran to the bathroom to freshen up, shutting the door behind me.
"It's Sunday Ish, we don't have practice."

"Ohh I forgot...wait then what are you doing up?"
I said as I opened the bathroom door, a little annoyed that he had woken me up so early, with his shuffling. I finally peeked at him through the bathroom door, realizing that he was all dressed up.
"...and why are you all dressed up?"
"I'm going out... with Sara."

"Oh.... uhhh have fun I guess...."
"It's just a friendly breakfast date Ish."
I closed the bathroom door again muttering an "okay" and decided to freshen up. I had been a little disturbed by the 'friendly date' but I trusted him. If he said it was just friendly, it would be, atleast from his side and so I dropped the thought and focused on brushing my teeth. I heard the main door opening and closing and when I came out of the bathroom after a couple minutes, the room was empty. Shub had left.

I turned to look at time it was 9:10 am and then looked back at the bed. The bed looked too tempting and I finally gave in and went inside the covers again. I would've been bored staying up anyways since I had nothing else to do, I concluded trying to make myself feel better for going back to bed after freshening up. I was almost on the verge of falling asleep within a minute, when I heard the door opening again and I struggled to open my eyes to check who it was. When I saw Shub though my eyes opened up and I looked at him confused.

"Did you forget something?"
"Yes."
I raised my eyebrow, and was about to ask him, what he had forgotten, when he made his way to the bed, towards me and pecked my lips. I looked at him in disbelief, my eyes as wide as saucers. When I finally got out of my shock a little, I wanted to ask him why he kissed me but instead said,
"I don't think 'just friends' can kiss each other on the lips."
It was a taunt but not a serious one and he knew that, as I couldn't hide the little smile on my face.
"Well then I don't think we can ever be 'just friends'."

"Why did you kiss me?"
I asked trying to change the topic, not wanting to make things awkward and end up asking him, about our relationship status.
"I just needed to make sure you knew that, it is just a friendly breakfast date between Sara and I."
"You already told me that Shub and I trust you."
"I know but I couldn't take any chances right now, also I would've kept thinking about you throughout breakfast if I hadn't come back and done this."

"So you won't be thinking about me anymore?"
I asked him with a dramatically exaggerated sad pout on my face.
"I won't be doubting about you over-thinking anymore, since I've made it clear."
He replied chuckling.
"But what about me?"
"I always think about you Ish and I don't think it's in my control to ever stop."
He said with a sincere smile on his face.
"Go or else you'll be late."

He pecked my lips once more and got up saying,
"Sleep well my love and don't skip breakfast! I'll be back soon, I promise."
He gave a big grin showing off his dimples and I grinned back. I knew he would come back soon, he would keep his promise. With that thought I fell asleep. I woke up when I heard the door opening and I looked around confused.
"You skipped breakfast didn't you?"

I looked at Shub in confusion.
"What?"
He just chuckled a little, understanding that my brain was too fogged to understand anything as of now. I turned to look at the time and it was just past 11:30 am.
"You came back so early?"
I asked him still looking confused.
"I promised, didn't I?"
I just nodded and he ordered a brunch for me and lunch for himself.

"Did you get any calls?"
He asked me while eating. I was about to shake my head, when I picked up my phone to see about a couple missed calls from Rohit and Virat bhai and a million missed calls by Hardik and Sky bhai combined and one missed call from Shub. Damn.
"Uhh yes, but I missed them."
"Rohit bhai ka birthday hai and Virat bhai is hosting a party."
"Wait, Rohit bhai ka birthday aaj hai?"
"No, kal hai, but we're celebrating it today, at midnight."

"Achaa.. wait but why did Rohit bhai call me then?"
"He knows about the party, unse kuch nai chupta, so they aren't even trying to hide it anymore, they're decorating Ro bhai kaa ghar, unke saamne hi."
I just nodded chuckling a little and thought about calling them back right away or they'd have my head.
"Wait but why did you call me?"
"Well they kept calling me because you weren't picking up, so I called you to check."

"Only once?" I asked pouting.
"I knew you would be asleep. You literally about to fall asleep before I even left."
I didn't argue any further knowing he knew me inside out and he had specifically told me not to skip breakfast because he knew I would do exactly that.

The night arrived and both Shub and I got dressed. I was wearing his jacket and I found the normalcy seeping back in our relationship- or more like 'friendship'.
"Ish where is my-"
He stopped mid sentence when his eyes landed on me. When he didn't finish his sentence for about a minute I turned towards him and saw him just standing there looking at me with his mouth a little open.
"Where is your what?"

That had seemed to bring him out of his trance and he just gulped, making me smirk in realization. He was obviously checking me out and as he looked away due to the embarrassment of being caught, I took that as an opportunity to stare at him. He was wearing my shirt and he looked pretty darn hot in it. I cleared my throat and he finally looked back at me.
"You look good in my jacket."
"I know."

We made eye contact and I couldn't look away. He had me all captivated and lost in his eyes. It reminded me of the day we had first met and I had been very repulsed (lies) by him due the fact that I never had control over myself when I looked in his eyes. Those darned eyes had always made me lose myself in them. Never getting the courage to look away. But alas fate had other plans as it didn't let me stay away from him for long as the both of us found ourselves always lost in each other's eyes.

I had decided to befriend him then, feeling a bit embarrassed that all we did was steal glances at each other and not be able to break eye contact and I'm so glad I did because it had led us to where we are right now. Boyfriends. Well not anymore, we were 'just friends' now... or wait didn't he just say it this morning, that he could never be 'just friends' with me? I heard him clear his throat and I forced myself to look away from his eyes, realizing that I had been staring for too long and we had somewhere to be and we were getting late.

________________________________________

Last update maybe tomorrow, if I get network because I'm traveling to some place hilly. I've already written it though, so I just need to edit it a little and hopefully I get to post it tomorrow:)