Never before pt1

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Warnings- Mention of addictions, abuse, self harm, suicide etc.

Shubman's pov

It had been 17 days since I had entered this hell hole. I still can't believe my family had forced me here. They told me that they thought being here would be 'good for me', huh lying assholes. Why were they pretending to be all concerned now anyways? We all knew that the only reason they sent me here was because they didn't want me to ruin the family name. They didn't want this news to spread and tarnish their reputations.

I made my way to the cafeteria during lunch time and went to sit at my now usual table, when I spotted someone already sitting there. I thought my reputation here had made it clear that I wasn't to be messed with and that I just wanted to be left alone. How dare someone sit at my table? As I made my way towards the table, now mad and ready to fight whoever it was ruining my already spoilt mood, I saw a cute, innocent, tiny looking boy sitting at the table playing with his food. He looked as uninterested to be here as I did.

I sat down in front of him, resulting him to look up at me with a blank face. His face looked void of any emotions and it honestly scared me a little.
As I looked around I could see curious glances being thrown at us, with growing whispers. I could tell by the look on those people's faces that they were awaiting my outburst. I had already beaten up someone for evading for privacy and also thrown food at another, for sitting at my table, so it was obvious that the people here already feared what would happen next.

"This is my table."
I said trying to sound harsh and convey the anger I had once felt seeing him sitting at my table, but as I had taken one look at him all my anger had melted away and it came out in a normal tone instead. Not soft, because I don't do soft, but still lacking the anger. At that he just got up, trying to pick up his food tray and wincing.

My eyes traveled to his wrists at that and I noticed a bandage wrapped around his left wrist. As he tried to pick up the tray again I just held his right wrist stopping him from doing so.
"Just sit back down."
I said pulling him back onto the seat. He didn't say anything and went back to playing with his food. The people around us, watching us, were shocked at the fact that I had permitted someone else to sit at my table and hadn't thrown a tantrum.

I had soon finished my food in silence and looked up at the other to see that he still hadn't even touched his food.
"Aren't you going to eat that?"
At that he stopped staring at his food and looked up at me and then quietly got up and walked away. Strange. He was strange. But he was pissing me off. For the first time I had tried to be nice to someone and he didn't even bother to answer my question? Seriously ignoring THE Shubman Gill? How dare he?

I made my way towards my room but not before visiting the terrace for a bit for fresh air. As I was about to enter my room, I heard a commotion in the room opposite of mine and as my curiousity got the best of me I peeped into the room as the door was already left a little open. I saw the guy from my table earlier, he had been trying to resist as the nurses held him down. As I looked closely he had something in his hand, I couldn't tell what it was but it was shining due to the reflection and then I saw the nurses finally getting enough grip to inject him with something as he instantly stopped fighting and after a couple seconds went unconscious.

I didn't want to pry further as I went back to my room and settled on the bed falling asleep, wondering when I'd get out of this psychiatric hospital.

The next morning, when I went to the cafeteria I looked around and didn't find that guy for either of the three meals. As I pondered upon my thoughts wondering if I should check up on him or not. I realized it would be extremely out of character for me to check up on some random guy, who I didn't even know the first thing about, and especially as he had ignored me. My ego was too high to just let that go. But somehow as I made my way to my room, I couldn't help but stop and stare at his door before shaking my thoughts away and opening the door to my room and getting inside.

After a few minutes of just sitting there, I decided that instead of just sitting here overthinking it would be much quicker and easier to walk the two steps towards his room and check up on him. I quietly opened the door to his room to see him peacefully sleeping. As I entered his room and stood next to his bed, I started observing his features. He was pretty. No, he was beautiful. I don't think I had ever looked at someone and gotten that thought.

I observed his features a bit more. His forehead that was slightly creased due to the frown he had on his face even whilst being asleep. His nose that was red, probably due to crying. His pink plump lips that formed a cute little pout. He looked innocent. My eyes than traveled to his wrist again, eyeing the bandage. I could guess why he was here, but he still looked too pure to be here. I would have to make sure people knew he had me with him here, so that no one could mess with him. People already had a hint though since I let him sit with me for lunch yesterday, so it wouldn't be too tough I concluded.

I then started thinking about the sudden change in my behavior. I had always been surrounded by girls and guys both as they were after me and wanted to suck up to me, due to my money and obviously my good looks.

But I had never found anyone this beautiful before. I had never been nice enough to let go of my anger towards someone before. I had never felt the urge to look after someone before. I had never felt the sudden urge to protect someone this much before. I had never felt the urge to hear someone speak before. I had never felt such feelings for anyone before, especially towards a boy whose ignorance didn't anger me but instead made me curious.

I didn't quite understand myself what this was all about. Where all these feelings were suddenly coming from. I didn't understand anything, when it came to this boy in front of me. This boy, who I didn't even know the name of.

________________________________________

Shubman stalker much? lmao