Scared

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

We sat there playing video games and arguing about random things.
"But you cannot argue that I have immense amount of charm."
"Oh please the only charm you have are your dimples and good looks."
"So you think I'm good looking?"
He said with a big smirk on his face, as his one eyebrow raised in question.
"You are good looking. Everybody thinks so."

"Okay but that's not the only reason girls fall for me. I'm also very good at flirting."
"Please."
"Uh- huh okay. Challenge accepted. I'll prove to you that I'm good at flirting."
"Whatever Shub."

We turned our attention back to the game after that. I didn't even realized I had been licking my lips out of habit until Shub said,
"Are your lips dry? Do you want me to lick them for you?"
"Hein? No thank you."
"No but seriously, your lips looked chapped, do you want some lip balm?"

"Sure..."
At that he grinned and puckered his lips, indicating that I could use the lip balm from his lips.
"Get lost."
He just chuckled at that and I turned around to look at the Tv in order to hide my blush.
"You gotta agree, I'm a good flirt though."
"Shut up."
"Make me."

As I turned to look at him, I saw a smirk on his face and my eyes drifted towards his lips for the third time in the span of a minute. Before I could stop myself and think it through I had already moved forward and pecked his lips. That had managed to wipe the smirk off his face and he sat there looking lost.
That is when I realised how badly I had fucked up. He had a girlfriend. He was in love with someone else. The flirting meant nothing. Why would I do that?

"I'm sorry, I- I shouldn't have.."
"I- I.." He had nothing to say. I waited but he didn't continue.
Embarrassed I got up and ran out of our room. I made my way out of the room and just ran aimlessly in the corridor, with tears running down my face, when I bumped into someone. It was Shreyas.
"What the- hey whats wrong?"
Instead of waiting for my answer he just dragged me towards his room.
"Are you okay? What's the problem?"
"You already know what the problem is."
"No, I don't. Tell me."

"I'm in love with Shubman."
"Yes, but how is that a problem?"
I looked at him shocked but didn't question him about how he knew. I was pretty obvious I figured.
"Have you ever fallen in love with your bestfriend?"
"No."
"Then you wouldn't understand."
"But I want to. Please tell me."
"I'm scared Shrey, I'm scared all the damn time."
"About what?"

"I'm scared about the fact that I'll have to be in his life forever, without being his whole life. I'm scared that I'll have to stay by his side, while I watch him love and marry someone else, someone that's not me. But more importantly I'm scared of not being in his life at all. I kissed him and I'm scared that I ruined our friendship. I can't not be in his life Shrey."
"That sounds... complicated."
"I'm scared that I'll always only be just his bestfriend. But I'm also scared that I might not even be his bestfriend anymore."