Never before pt2

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman's pov

It had been 19 days since I had been here. Not once did I need any sort of medications to 'calm my urges' like my father said I would. Well what did he know anyways? He had just sent me here on half assed speculations based on my 'drug intake'. I was NOT addicted to drugs, I had probably tried it like twice in my life but who would tell that to my father? The minute he had heard drugs and my name in a single sentence he had sent me here, without any further speculations, so that I wouldn't ruin the 'family image'.

I had never tried denying the allegations, knowing very well that my father wouldn't believe me anyways. Plus I didn't really care about what people thought of me.
Honestly he just probably wanted to get rid of me for awhile but atleast he should've given a better reason for it. Maybe if he had sent me here for treatment of my so called anger issues or something it would've atleast looked more believable. Whatever though. I had ruined yet another day of mine by thinking about all of this so early in the morning.

I made my way to the cafeteria and I looked around in hopes of finding someone here. When I found that particular someone I was pleased as I walked towards his table. He wasn't sitting at my table today sadly. When I sat down he just gave me a blank look before turning towards his food and playing with it yet again.
"Why do you not eat your food?"
Silence.
Ugh no matter what I said earlier about not being too affected or angered by his ignorance, being ignored still did not feel nice.

The rest of the breakfast went by with silence and he got up and left soon after. Why did he even come here, if he never ate anything? I shook my head and then left soon after, deciding to visit the library today as I was bored out of my mind. As I was on my way to the library though I heard some sounds and when I walked towards the direction of said sounds, I found a sight that made my blood boil. The boy that I still don't know the name of, was being pushed around.

"Get away from him."
I said in an angry tone and upon spotting me they instantly ran away.
"Are you okay?"
I had used a much softer tone with him. 
"Thank you."
Wait omg omg he finally spoke to me. And despite it being only two words I swear his voice made my insides squirm. His face was still blank but this was still progress right? I gave him a big smile and he just stared at my face.
"No problem."
Silence again.....
"Would you like to accompany me to the library?"
He just nodded at that and I considered this as another victory.

"So... why were they pushing you?"
I honestly didn't even expect an answer at this point but I had just asked for the sake of asking. We entered the library soon after and started looking around. "They wanted me to do something for them."
I looked at him surprised that he had actually spoken up, his voice was very small but he had still answered.
"What did they want you to do?"
"Steal some meds."
"Makes sense, they are drug addicts. Did they start pushing you, because you refused?"

He just nodded at that and then turned away towards the book shelves. I had a feeling that this was the end of our conversation (You think?). After spending our whole morning in the library, without speaking a word, with me just stealing glances at him from time to time, we went to the cafeteria for lunch. We sat together in silence and honestly the silence at this point felt comfortable. I felt at peace in his presence.

This time when we sat down to eat, he actually ate a little. Half way through my lunch I realized not only did I still not know his name, he didn't know mine either.
"By the way, I am Shubman Gill."
He just looked up at me surprised. This was the first time I had seen any emotions on his face and I wondered why now, especially just at my name?
"Do you know me?"
He just shook his head and went back to eating.

After we finished we went back towards our rooms and he was surprised to see that my room was right in front of his. I decided to surprise him even more by just tagging along with him to his room.
"So are you really not gonna tell me how you know me Ishan?"
He looked at me surprised again and now I was started to get annoyed at the fact that that's the only expression I had seen on him.
"Your name was written on the door outside." which I was stupid enough to not notice before, I thought to myself.

He just slowly nodded his head in understanding. This went on for a couple days. I would just hang around him all day, as I spoke about random things here and there and he would just nod once in a while. I could feel him getting a little comfortable in my presence though as instead of his usual blank face, he now had a concentrated look on his face everytime I spoke to him, indicating that he was listening to me.

"I have never spoken to someone so much before."
"Really?"
I had suddenly lost all my senses. His voice was so deep and raspy due to not speaking much.
"uhhhh.... yeahhh."
"I thought you would have many friends?"
"Aside from my charm and unnatural good looks, what made you think that?"
He smiled a little at that and I swear I had melted at this point. His smile was soooooo prettyyyy. I could just imagine him flashing me a big smile, I would probably die if he did. For now, this was enough though.

"You're rich."
"My dad is rich."
"Same difference."
"Well what does that have to do with anything anyways? And wait how did you know I'm rich?"
"Who doesn't?"
"You still didn't answer my former question."
"Rich people have everyone falling at their feet."
"And that is exactly why I have never had any friends before."

He didn't say anything after that but I was satisfied since this is the longest two-way conversation we have had.

________________________________________

Conversations are supposed to be two-way Shubman, if you're the only one speaking it's not a conversation smh.

Anyways I didn't proof read this cuz icba and I didn't even wanna post this idk why. I think I'm in my emo phase.