Violent? pt3

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

Suddenly I saw a car slow down as it stopped right next to me. I couldn't really see who it was as the rain was too heavy to see anything clearly but as the person rolled down the window, I got a clear vision of his face.
"Get in." He yelled over the sound of the rain.
"No it's fine, I'm waiting for the bus, you don't need to-"
"Just get in Ishan, it's pouring, all the buses are probably not gonna arrive anytime soon."
He said cutting me off. I opened my mouth about to protest, but one look from him was enough for me to shut my mouth back up and get inside his car.

After I got in and wore my seatbelt, he removed his jacket and threw it on me, and before I could protest he had started driving. I hadn't even realised I had been shivering as I had gotten wet in the rain, before he had given me his jacket. As I snuggled into his jacket, I thought this would be the perfect moment to apologize. But before I could, my phone rang. It was Mayank.

"Do you want me to come pick you up? It's raining pretty heavily."
"Wahh no hi, no hello?"
"Just answer the question."
"No I'm fine, you don't need to come pick me up, anyways you were supposed to be resting."
"I know, but I'll come right away if you need me to."
"It's okayy Mau, Shubman's giving me a ride home."
"Did you apologize to him?"
"Not yet."
"And he's still giving you a ride home? wow."
"Shut up, bye."
And then I hung up on him, and after a while of some more overthinking and contemplating, I finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry."
"What for?"
"For punching you."
"It's fine, you were only trying to protect him."
"Why are you so nice to me?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I don't know because... you're not nice?"
"Who told you that I'm not nice?"
"I've seen it."
He didn't say anything for a while after that, focusing on the road, since there was alot of traffic.

As the car came to a halt again due to the heavy traffic jam, I suddenly asked.
"Does it hurt?"
"What?"
"Well I punched you. You also fought with them. So your face and knuckles."
"It doesn't hurt, atleast not physically."
"What does that mean?"
"Why do you think so low of me?"
"It's not just me, everybody is scared of you."
"Are you scared of me aswell?"
"How does that matter?"
"It does to me. Only what you think about me, matters to me."
"Why?"
After this he was silent again for a while.

We reached my house soon after that. I was about to remove his jacket when,
"Just keep it on, you're cold."
I didn't protest since the jacket felt really soft and smelled really nice, just like Shubman. It was a bit big on me but very comfortable.
"Bye Ishan."
I realised he hadn't been calling me 'love'. I got inside my house and then saw him driving off as I closed the door.

The next day, Mayank didn't come to college as he was still not completely healed. I was about to go to the bus stop when I saw a car standing outside my house and there stood Shubman leaning on it, waiting for... well I presumed me. I walked closer to him and as he noticed me approaching, he got inside the car. I was wearing his jacket, it was too comfortable to resist even though I know I was supposed to wash it and give it back. I sat inside his car and he drove off in silence.

"Why did you come to pick me up?"
I asked genuinely curious, trying not to sound rude.
"Mayank isn't coming today."
"I'm aware."
"He asked me to pick and drop you, to and from college."
I just shook my head at the audacity of my bestfriend, like seriously? Asking the guy I had punched for him, to do stuff like this for me? but what was more surprising was that Shubman had complied.
"you could have just ignored him, you know."
"I could have."
But he didn't.... but why? I didn't have the guts to ask.