Crashed

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

We were sitting in the car with me and Vivek at the back and with Shubman driving and Sara in the passenger seat. Vivek had his hand placed on my thigh, as I sat there uncomfortably.
Let me elaborate on how I got into this situation. So since Sara had found out I was gay she had insisted for me to meet her bisexual friend Vivek and upon Shubman and I both insistently decling, Sara, the ever so stubborn had arranged a double date for us due to Vivek's constant nagging about wanting to go on a date with me.

Upon hearing I would have to go with 'Shubsara' on their date, I was instantly hesistant but hearing that the sole reason why Sara had insisted on a double date was because she wanted to fix Vivek and I together, I had to agree for Shubman. Shub had liked Sara since forever but had always been too shy to ask her out, and with this double date, he could finally have a chance, even if it was at my expense.

Me being in love with Shubman definitely did not help this situation at all but I thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad? Maybe Vivek could actually be a nice guy and I would fall for him and move on from my bestfriend? Wrong.
The second all of us had entered the car after Vivek and Sara had shown up at our hotel, Vivek had sat too close to me and then skipping to right now had his hand on my thigh. My thigh. We had met just a few minutes ago.

Shub from the rear view mirror saw the hand placement and I think he could definitely sense my discomfort. as his jaw clenched, he looked mad. I subtly shifted a little away from Vivek, making his hand leave my thigh as I removed my phone to distract myself. I saw a message from Shreyas as I opened his chat.

"How's the date?" he had asked.
"Ugh he's a total creep. At first glance wasn't too bad to look at, until we sat in the car and he placed his hand on. my. thigh."
"WTF? How dare he? Touching you after just a few minutes of meeting?!"
"Ikr! tell me about it."
"Do you want me to come?"
"What no, are you crazy? Why would you fifth wheel us?"
"A creep like him definitely isn't on a date with you despite what he thinks, it's not a date. Anyways atleast tell me where yall are going?"
"Some Italian restaurant I think. Celina or something."
"I think you mean Celini."
"Yeah yeah whatever."
"Call me right away if that idiot tries something else."
"okieee, just don't do anything stupid."

After that I kept my phone back inside to try and join in their conversation and not seem so rude. After about 5 more minutes of me trying to act like I was listening to what Vivek was blabbering, we reached to the restaurant. As we got off and started walking inside, Shubman suddenly pulled me back and asked Sara and Vivek to find a table and that we'd join them shortly.
"Are you comfortable? If not we can leave."
"Nah it's fine, I'm okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes just focus on your date with Sara."

Shub gave me a skeptical look and I just gave him a nod with a smile trying to convince him that I'd be fine. He still looked hesistant but I just pulled him towards the table Sara and Vivek had seated on. They had sat across each other and I sat next to Vivek while Shub situated himself in front of me next to Sara.
I will start fresh, I thought. I won't think about what happened in the car and try to give him another chance. We started looking at the menu in silence and Sara suddenly muttered that she wanted pasta and Vivek agreed that so did he.

"I wanna eat pizza."
"Will you be able to eat a whole pizza alone?" asked Vivek.
"Obviously not."
"Then who will share with you? Because Sara and I are eating pasta."
Ugh what an asshole I mean I knew I said I'd give him a second chance but if my date can't even sacrifice his pasta for me like does he even deserve another chance?