Violent? pt2

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

I didn't go to college the next day as I had slept in and missed my alarm and was too lazy to go for the other lectures after already missing the first two morning lectures.
I had woken up 2 hours late and had received about fifty missed calls from Mayank. I called him back apologizing for not showing up to his house as he was the one who drove us to college, but only after the college timings ended, as I didn't wanna disturb him during his lectures.

The next day when Mayank and I were sitting together at lunch he suddenly stated,
"They're nice, not as bad as I had assumed."
"Who?"
"Abhishek and Shubman."
"They're nice?"
"Yeah yesterday I got bullied by someone but before the guy could hit me, Abhishek had stopped him. He even dropped me home."
Mayank said while blushing a little.

"Didn't you bring your car to college yesterday?"
"I did, but I was so shaken up by the incident, that he insisted for me to not drive in that state and dropped me home." Hmm he was blushing too much.
"Is that why, you didn't pick me up this morning?"
"Yeah I didn't have my car...I was gonna catch a bus, but when I left my house, Abhishek had already been there outside my house, to pick me up."
"I thought you'd meet me at the bus stop but when you didn't arrive, I just took the bus since I didn't want to be late again."
"I'm sorry about that."

"but yeahh that was sweet, but that doesn't mean that Shubman is nice."
"Shubman helped us day before yesterday, stopping that guy from punching you."
I just shrugged not wanting to argue further because I don't think people change that easily.
Suddenly Shubman came running to me, and put his palm on my forehead,
"Are you ok, love?"
I slapped his hand away and said,
"I'm fine, why?" a little annoyed by his sudden weird behavior thinking it was some other method of his teasing.
"You didn't show up to college yesterday, so I was worried."

"huh?"
"Why didn't you come yesterday?"
"....uh because I slept in?"
"Oh, well you could've atleast called and informed Mayank."
"I did."
"You did? When?"
He said giving Mayank a look, huh they're both acting suspicious.
"He called me back after I reached home." said Mayank.
"huh?"
"Nothing love, I'm gonna go now."

I saw him walking away and I turned to look at Mayank,
"What was that all about?"
"Uhhh nothing, it's just that when I came to college yesterday without you, he asked me about you and when I said I didn't know since I had called thrice but you hadn't picked up, he made me call you again and again and again..."
"I wondered why you had called me literally fifty times."
"Yeah after the first three times, when you didn't pick up, I already knew you must be asleep but someone just wouldn't listen and kept calling."
I just shook my head and we headed back to the lectures.

A couple days later, I was walking to my class, I had lectures a bit later today so I hadn't come to college with Mayank, but as I was about to climb the stairs I spot Mayank and Shubman... or atleast I think it was Shubman as his back was towards me. As I neared them I saw a sight that made my blood boil. There stood Mayank, face covered in bruises and blood on his shirt.

And then I punched Shubman.... as I thought who else would be responsible for Mayank's state? Shubman was the only one here with him and he didn't look like he was helping him either. Plus his knuckles were bruised and covered in blood. Neither of them had noticed me approaching them, and when I punched Shubman he looked surprised at the sudden impact,
"What the-"
And he looked like he was about to beat the shit out of the person who punched him as he raised his fist to hit back in anger...until he realised it was me.

He looked at me shocked and was about to speak, but I had already grabbed Mayank's hand pulling him with me. I took him to the medical room and while the nurse was treating him he was looking at me, he looked a little annoyed as he said,
"Why would you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Punch him."
"He deserved it."
"No he didn't!! He was the one that saved me!"
"Wait what?"

I thought Mayank looked annoyed at me, because punching Shubman meant making him my official enemy, which wouldn't end well for me....but he was annoyed for a completely different reason.

"He literally stopped some idiots from hitting me."
"Wait why were people hitting you?"
"Because they're homophobic and also because they don't like me, but mostly because I refused to do their assignments for them."
"Names? I'm gonna kill them."
"Don't bother, Shubman already gave them a good beating, they're never gonna approach me again."
"Is that why his knuckles were bruised?"
"Yes. What did you think?"
"He was the only one there with you, with bruised knuckles aswell not to mention, so I thought he was the one that hit you."

Mayank just shook his head in disappointment and then told me to apologize to him. He said he was gonna go home after getting treated by the nurse as he was pretty hurt and just wanted to go to bed and rest. As I dropped him to the car, he sat inside but then rolled his window down and said,
"Thank you." he hadn't said it sarcastically either it was genuine.
"What for?"
"For trying to defend me, even if you got the wrong person. It means alot to me that you were willing to fight with someone who could literally crush you with his fingers if he wanted, just to protect me."
"Always." I said chuckling.

"You'll get home safe right?"
"Yes I will, don't worry, will you get home safe though? you're pretty injured."
"Yeah no I'm fine, just call me when you get home."
And then he drove away and I went back inside to attend my second lecture as I had already missed the first one and also hopefully apologize to Shubman.

I couldn't find Shubman the rest of the day and I gave up walking out at the end of the day, I'd just apologize to him tomorrow I thought. When I walked out I realised it was heavily raining, oh just my luck. The one day I don't have Mayank with me and was going to take the bus home. I ran to the bus stand, which was thankfully right outside the college with my bag on my head trying to protect myself from the rain, but I still got wet. I stood there for quite a while as I looked around, there was no one in sight. The bus stop was completely empty as well.

_______________________________________

sarcastic1212 le kardiya ek aur update, khush?

Part 3 will be out tomorrow.. that's it nothing else to say.