Just friends? pt6

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

"Wait, where is your what?"
"Huh?"
He looked at me all confused and I couldn't believe the boy had completely forgotten about whatever he was looking for. I shook my head a little in disbelief.
"You were asking me about something. What were you looking for?"
He looked deep in thought and I saw the wheels turning in his head and I could see the light bulb glowing over his head as he finally remembered what he was looking for.

"ohhh yeah I was looking for my chain, but you are already wearing it."
"I didn't know you wanted to wear it today. Wait let me-"
I went to remove his chain to give it back to him but I was stopped as he held my hand.
"Since when did you start giving things back to me, just because I wanted to wear them?"
Oh yeah I never did. Whether he wanted to wear something or I did, it didn't matter who it belonged to, whoever wore it first, wore it.

"Right.. you can wear my chain if you want and let's go we're getting late."
We left our hotel and went to Rohit bhai's house. As I was about to get out of the car, Shub suddenly asked me,
"Did you buy a gift?"
"Wait...we were supposed to bring gifts?? Why did no one tell me that??"
"I mean it is his birthday... wasn't it obvious?"
"Did you buy a gift?? and since when did we start giving gifts to each other?"

"Yes I did and I know we don't usually buy gifts but Jaiswal told me he was bringing one since this was a birthday party and we were officially invited."
"and you didn't bother to pass me this information?"
"Well I just bought the gift when I went out in the morning, today and I did call you to ask if you wanted to gift him something aswell, but you were asleep."

I pouted angrily at him and looked away. He was such a bish for doing that. How could he buy a gift for Rohit bhaiya himself and not tell me. I heard him chuckle and I turned around to glare at him. He moved towards the passenger seat aka my seat looking me straight in the eyes and I just sat there gulping at our proximity. His one hand was behind my seat, supporting his weight as his other hand moved towards the compartment in front of my seat and opened it, still maintaining eye contact. I turned to look towards the compartment, to hide my blush and avoid the sexual tension in the air.

He removed a neatly wrapped present from it and showed it to me, the tag on the present read 'Happy birthday Rohit bhai!! ~From Ishan and Shubman'. I looked towards him, he was still in the same position, too close, and I just slapped his shoulder. He rubbed his shoulder with a pout as he sat back in his seat.
"It's an expensive gift, so it's fine. Plus I couldn't find anything else for you to gift and I thought Ro bhaiya wouldn't mind if we gave a gift to him together."
He replied answering my unasked question.

"He won't... by the way, what is it? and how much was it?"
"I could only find a gucci showroom on my way and was thinking about what I could give him that he wouldn't lose and so I bought him shoes. They cost about 80k."
"Damn. Smart move on the shoes though, he would've definitely misplaced anything else. Vaise woh ye bhi kho sakte hai unka koi bharosa nai hai."

"Koi apne shoes pehne bina kaise aa sakta hai?"
"Well I'm sure he travels with more than one pair and he could forget them somewhere."
"Phir toh, I have no words."
We both chuckled at that and shook our heads, knowing he was very much capable of losing just about anything.
"Vaise I'll transfer 40k to you then."
Shub turned to look at me in a judgy and frowning manner, narrowing hiz eyes and just got out of the car.

"Kya hua?"
"Pagal matt ban."
"What? Ye ham dono ki taraf se hai, toh I should contribute na?"
"Shut up Ish."
Saying that he rung the doorbell and before I could argue any further the door opened.
"Took you guys long enough." said Harry bhai with a disappointed look, he didn't look surprised though.

We walked into the house and saw all the Ict members already present there. The party had already started and they all were in different groups, some were chatting, some were dancing and some were playing beer pong. Shub and I made our way to Rohit bhai and gave him the gift, congratulating him for his birthday, even though there was still time for midnight. As expected he didn't mind or looked surprised at Shub and I gifting him together.

He instead looked more surprised at the fact that we had even bothered to buy him a gift at all.
"Ab kya merko bhi tum logo ko, tumhare birthday pe gift dena padega kya?"
"Aap agar dena chahte hai toh ham mana nai karenge, khi khi."
After that I decided to join the rest for beer pong, while Shub went god knows where. When Shrey made the shot and I had to drink the beer, I found out it wasn't actually beer. It was ginger ale. I made a disgusted face and looked at Shrey and he laughed explaining that there were children present and so alcohol was strictly prohibited tonight.

Way to kill the mood. I then looked around trying to spot Shub, not wanting to play ginger ale pong anymore and saw him chatting with Surya and Harry bhai. I made my way towards them and Shub looked a little annoyed as he ignored my existence. Sensing the tension between us, Surya and Harry bhai excused themselves and literally ran, not wanting to be dragged in this. I wrapped my arms around his right arm clinging to him.

"Kya hua tujhe?"
"Kuch nai."
"Toh gussa kyu hai tu?"
"Mai kaha gussa hu?"
I rolled my eyes and gave him a 'are you serious?' look and he just pouted angrily.
"Tune paiso ki baat kyu ki?"
"Aayein? Meri jaan, gift dono ki taraf se tha toh paise bhi toh dene hi denge na?"
"Acha aisi baat hai toh tune meri shirt kyu pehni hai phir? I paid for it."

"Kyuki jo tera hai woh mera hai, aur tu bhi toh mera haina?"
"Exactly. Toh why are you paying me for the gift then?"
I sighed loudly at that.
"I give up. You win. Nai dunga paise bas?"
"Aur kabhi baat bhi nai karega paiso ki."
"Nai karunga."
He finally smiled at that and I felt my world stop. I could do anything for that smile.

"You are such a dramatic baby."
I said shaking my head at him, chuckling.
"But I'm your dramatic baby ;)"
He said winking at me.
"....and you're cheesy."
"Only for you baby."
I laughed again, rolling my eyes at him, but we both knew that I loved him and his cheesy lines.
"Would you like to dance with me?"
I asked him with a big smile on my face, stretching my hand out towards him.
"There are people watching, Ish."

"If the whole world was watching,
I'd still dance with you."

"Copy cat."
"Don't ruin the moment."
The both of us chuckled and Shub gave his hand in mine as the both of us stood up to join the few others, who were dancing. Shub was smiling wide and so was I, as his hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer and my hands made their way around his neck.

"Soooo....."
"So...?"
"I don't want to be 'just friends' anymore."
"Did you ever?"
"Not really, but I had to."
"Hmm... I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have said I was tired of you. I could never be tired of you.
I love you so much."
"I'm sorry too. You weren't the only one at fault. I knew you were going through a tough time, I should have given you space-"

"No, I don't need space from you, I might've thought I did, but I don't. All I needed was you, close to me. I wanted you to hug me and comfort me and tell me that it was going to be ok. So don't apologize-"
"Let me apologize. Whatever happened wouldn't have happened if we had just communicated and don't take all the blame on yourself. It was both of our faults. So I'm sorry and I'm glad that we came back from this and I love you more meri jaan."

"We will always find our ways back to each other Shub and this only made our relationship stronger."
We stood there still swaying to the music, looking in each other's eyes as I found myself being lost in them yet again. I slowly closed the gap between us, and he looked at me with wide eyes. Before I could close the gap completely and attach our lips, Shub pulled away a little and I heard him say,
"Everyone's here. Are you sure about this?"

And when he saw me nod with finality, he wasted no time in closing the gap between us and joining our lips. As we stood there kissing, we heard gasps around us, but we were too lost in each other, to acknowledge the shocked Ict around us.

The End.

________________________________________

Finally completed this 😮‍💨
Wrote it jaldi jaldi toh utna acha nai hai but I mean atleast it's completed