Grindr pt1

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

As I sat there in the success party of the Gujarat Titans or more like Captain Shub. Gujarat had just won the IPL 2024, their second title overall and first under Captain Shub. I was bored and tired as I looked around to try and spot one of my ICT teammates, everyone was present here as we all had to assemble here in Mumbai for the T20 World Cup practice now. We were the ones that had thrown this party for Shub as he had just won his first IPL season as a captain.

As all of the teammates scattered around, some dancing and some just sitting having a chat. Some seniors already discussing about the upcoming World Cup while I had come to the bar to get a drink. After getting it, I looked around to try and spot someone to accompany for the rest of the night. I spotted a few members but I was looking for that specific someone. When I found him a satisfied smile came to my face and I was about to get up and make my way towards him when I noticed someone else with him. He wasn't alone. There was a girl by his side and she was all over him.

Shubman didn't look like he was going to push her away either. I mean why would he? I couldn't see her face but she looked beautiful with her curvy figure. I sat back down in my seat and my thoughts started spiraling as I looked away from them to try and calm my breaking heart. It wasn't like I hadn't already expected this. The moment I had realized I was in love with him, I had known that this wouldn't end well for me. He obviously didn't reciprocate my feelings and I would only hurt myself by acting on them.

I tried my best to move on but to no avail. How could anyone move on easily from a guy who looked like THAT? And not to mention he was an absolute softie. He was a gentleman and falling for him felt like a trap. He felt like a trap. A maze that you could never escape. I started pinching my arm really hard, to try and stop all of these thoughts. The pain I felt from the pinching really calmed me down a little as I downed two shots of vodka.

I needed to move on, I had concluded. So with the alcohol buzzing in my system and the side effects of my shattered heart, I made an impulsive decision. I wanted to move on and it obviously wasn't possible in India to openly go around looking for a date with a guy, especially since I was famous and any interaction could cause a big scandal. I opened my phone and downloaded grindr, hoping to find someone decent for a rebound atleast so I could distract myself from thinking about Shub all the time.

Even if I didn't move on, I could atleast chat with a few other fellow Indian gays and make friends, I concluded. I entered an anonymous name and only posted a few pictures of my pets and some sceneries to avoid being recognized. This was good, it was distracting me right now and would probably distract me in the future aswell. I swiped right for a few profiles before someone suddenly spoke from behind me.

"What are you doing?"
Startled, I turned the screen of my phone shut in a hurry and kept it on the counter facing down and turned around to look at him.
"Since how long have you been standing behind me?"
"I just got here."
He said eyeing me suspiciously.
"Why are you sitting here alone?"
"Uhh I was just getting a drink."
"You came to get a drink like half an hour ago. I thought I asked you to come back right away and bring me a drink aswell?"

"I was about to, but then you looked preoccupied so I decided against it."
After that he sat next to me and we spent the rest of the night hanging out with each other, before making our ways back to our room. He went to the bathroom to freshen up, while I started looking around for my phone. Shit. I think I left it at the bar's counter. I was about to make my way out of the room to go back to the hall downstairs to get my phone when Shub came out of the bathroom.

"Where are you going?"
"I think I left my phone at the bar's counter. I'm going to go get it."
He then looked at me disappointedly before removing my phone from his pocket and handing it to me.
"You shouldn't leave your phone around. It's dangerous."
"Oh thank god. Why didn't you tell me you took it huh?"
I said relieved as I took my phone from his hand and glared at him.

"To teach you a lesson, so that you wouldn't leave your phone again somewhere."
"Whatever man."
I said as I freshened up and made my way to bed.
"Shub, go to sleep. The light from your phone is annoying me. You can watch reels later."
"Sorryyyy."
And then the both of us went to bed cuddling.

The next morning when I woke up I had started going through grindr again and I realized it was kind of fun to swipe right and left for unknown people. Even though I hadn't spoken to anyone on the app yet, it was kind of addicting. I spotted another profile, similar to mine, with no pictures of the guy in the profile, only some random pictures of his gaming set-up and dogs. It was a little weird that the the guy did not have any pictures on his profile but then again I mean I can't be complaining since I didn't either.

I was about to swipe left, when something caught my eye. In the description, the person had written,
'I'm hopeless and awkward and desperate for love.
Will you be my lobster?'
It was a F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference and I found it adorable and just because of that I swiped right and it instantly matched. I guess the person had already swiped right on my profile.

________________________________________

This is kinda boring but the next part will be better :)