Peanut Butter and Jelly

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

As I made a joke and she laughed at it, all I could think about was what Shub's reaction would have been to my joke, he would've probably laughed his melodious laugh and then he would've shaken his head smiling with his dimples and probably called my joke stupid.

As I looked at Aditi, I realised she was absolutely beautiful but all I could think about was having Shub's hand in mine instead of hers. I thought about how if it was him here with me instead, we would probably be discussing cricket. And I wondered what my Shub would be doing right now. He would probably be with her right now, right? He would be on a date with Sara enjoying with her and probably not thinking about me, like I was doing about him. I would probably be the furthest thing in his mind right now.

As I disappointed and hurt my ownself with that thought, I decided to focus on my date instead of thinking about him, but my mind wandered towards his thoughts from time to time. As I wrapped up my date and went to drop Aditi to her home, she asked me to come inside her house for some tea maybe but I politely declined as I knew what that really meant and I was in no mood of spending the night at her place.

When I left, I started to think and I realised maybe Shub wouldn't come back to our hotel room, he would probably spent the night with Sara and for a second I regretted declining Aditi's offer but I soon let go of the regret as I realized I just wanted to go back to the hotel room and sleep and maybe cuddle with Shubman but I wasn't sure if that was going to happen tonight.

As I reached our hotel room and opened the door, I saw Shubman already laying in the bed comfortably in his pajamas, using his phone and as I entered he looked up from his phone. He looked kind of annoyed but he tried not to show it, "How was the date?"
Even though it was a very simple question, I could sense the hurt in it. "How was your date with Sara?"
"Why would you answer my question with a question? But anyways I didn't go on any dates."
"Why? I thought you were supposed to go out with her today?"
I asked him now suddenly curious.

He had literally helped me dress up for my date, I was even wearing his shirt and before as I left he had gone to the bathroom to get dressed to leave for his date with Sara. What had happened all of a sudden that he didn't go?

"I just didn't feel like going."
Hearing this I suddenly got concerned and went near him and placed my hand on his forehead.
"Are you sick? Do you not feel well?"
He gently moved my hand away from his forehead before saying,
"I'm perfectly well...not really."
He had murmured the last part and I didn't hear it as I asked him,
"What did you say?"
"Nothing, you still haven't answered my question."

He was trying to change the topic I could tell, but I didn't push it further.
"What question?"
"About how your date was?"
"It was good. If you feel ok, why didn't you go on your date?"
"Because I was in a bad mood."
"Why?"
"Because you had worn my shirt."
"If you wanted to wear it, you could've just told me."
"I didn't want to wear it. I just didn't want you to wear it.....on a date with her."

This time I had actually heard him as I just smirked,
"Would you like some peanut butter with that jelly?"
"Huh? What does that mean?"
"Nothing, I'm just pointing out the fact that you were jealous."
"I wasn't."
"Why were you jealous? Did you miss me too much? You were probably bored without me."
"I wasn't jealous." He threw his hands in the air like a child whining as he sat up now, cute.

"What, it's ok if you were, I mean you were all alone here."
He just looked at me looking annoyed but he looked so cute while throwing a tantrum.
"So you really aren't going to tell me the real reason why you didn't go on the date?"
"I already told you, it was because of you."