Can't say for sure pt2

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Shubman's pov

I swear I was going to kill the doctor.
I started trying to motivate Ishan, when I had seen no expressions on his face with the doctor's previous statement.
"Don't listen to him, he also said that he wasn't sure if you would ever wake up and after that he wasn't sure when you would wake up."
I stated in front of the doctor not caring that he was listening. As the doctor hadn't realised that any more of his 'assumptions' could actually have him killed by me. The doctor didn't even realise he was playing with fire, especially since he had just said that to an athlete. A cricketer. Where the use of the feet was as important as breathing, if not more.
(Well unless you are Glenn Maxwell)

"It's okayy Shub." said Ishan as he raised the ventilator back to cover his mouth.
The doctor left the room and I turned to Ishan feeling even more guilty than before, suddenly all the relief that had flooded inside me, disappearing altogether in an instant.
"I am sorry Ish."
"What for Shub?"
"For everything, the fight, the accident, this."
"Stop acting like it's all your fault Shubman, because it isn't."

~a few days later~

Ishan had finally been off the ventilator and the IVs as he could sit up and eat solid food again. He had tried to be very positive and not talk about the possibilities of him not walking again.
After all he was Ishan, he could find positivity in the most negative situations. He had spent time with his family as they visited the hospital often and so did the bhaiya's and a few other ICT members  until Ishan's family had to go back to Bihar and the ICT had to leave for an upcoming series.

Ishan's parents had offered Ishan to move to the hospital where his brother worked in Bihar, but he had refused and said he wanted to stay here in Mumbai as it had felt more like home to him now. The 'because Shubman was here' was silent, it wasn't mentioned out loud to his family or to me but we had understood it. And coming to me, I had obviously dropped out of the series as I could never leave Ishan alone, not when he was in the hospital.

It was tough, I could tell as the once loud and chattery room had now been quiet and silent, with just the two of us present. I had been silent, with my guilt gnawing at me, while he had just been annoyed staying in bed all day. The only time he looked a little at peace was when he was asleep or when I would feed him with my own hands.

I had left the room for a bit for the first time, during the day while he was awake and I regretted it the moment I walked back into the room. I had seen Ishan trying to get up with the support of the hands, but one of his hands, due to being injured had hurt too much when he put pressure on it and thus it slipped and he was about to fall on the floor, head first, eyes closed waiting for the impact but I had caught him before he could fall.

He looked up at me, expecting me to be mad at his stupidity but I just looked back at him with guilt, which made him feel even more terrible.
"I am so sorry!!" he exclaimed, breaking down in my arms.
I just hugged him tighter and waited for him to calm back down before asking him, "What are you sorry for my love?"
"For being stupid and trying to get up on my own and for making you feel guilty, it's really not your fault Shub."
"How did the accident happen?"
"I was a little distracted and then the truck suddenly came out of nowhere, from the wrong side, causing me to swirl trying to avoid it and the car flipped."
"You were distracted. How is that not my fault?"

Ishan just sobbed in my arms while I tried to comfort him, as a few tears dropped from my eyes aswell, betraying my so called calm resolve.
"It's so difficult Shub. To keep trying to be positive. To be confined to this bed, for God knows how much longer. And to not think about the what ifs, what if my legs don't go back to the way they were, what if I don't get to play cricket ever again?"
"Do you trust me?"
"More than myself."
"Ok then trust me when I say, we will get through this together. I will always be with you, helping you every step of the way. I promise."

With that Ishan just cuddled back into me until he fell asleep, leaving me wondering about the what ifs.

~a month after the accident~

Ishan was finally discharged and he looked a little more positive as he would get to go home. As I picked him up bridal style, I could see it on his face that this didn't feel heart touching or romantic to him anymore, it felt more like a taunt to him that he couldn't walk or get in the wheelchair by himself.
As I brought him home, I finally felt more at ease, as the home no longer felt strange or empty anymore. My Ishan was back now.

~A few days later~

I had woken up and gone to the bathroom and when I came back I saw Ishan struggling to get out of the bed and get into his wheelchair by himself. I went forward to try and carry him but he had just showed me his hand, making me freeze on my spot, as he finally got in the wheelchair by himself after almost falling on his face twice, he looked a bit more satisfied with himself.

I had just left the room to make breakfast. Don't get me wrong I was happy that he had made progress, by getting on the wheelchair all by himself without my help, but I also felt hurt. Was accepting help from me that difficult for him? That he was ready to risk falling off the bed whilst still being heavily injured might I add, just to avoid being carried by me?

As he made his way to the table with a little contentment on his face, his mood instantly fell after looking at me, seeing my pained expression. I felt bad for ruining his mood but I couldn't help it.
As if understanding my silence, and reading my thoughts he softly said,
"This isn't about you Shub, I love you and I know you just want to help me, but till how long? You will leave soon and I will have to learn how to do it myself."
"I won't ever leave you."
"I know you won't baby, but I'm talking about you leaving to play the IPL."

"I'm not leaving you alone and that's final."
"Shub don't be stubborn, you know it won't be possible for me to travel with you, with my regular hospital check ups and my physiotherapy starting soon."
"Who said you would have to do that? I just won't play the IPL this year."
"Don't be stupid Shub, if you don't play the IPL, you won't get a chance to play the T20 World Cup."
"So I won't play that aswell."
"There's still more than a month for IPL lets just talk about this later."

________________________________________

This is getting too long and idk how to feel about this story.
I know it's kinda depressing but.... anyways. Sorry for the hurried and sloppy writing, I'm kinda distracted due to my exams.

I wanted to write a oneshot in Shubman's pov and I wanted to like make him suffer a little or something, because I usually make Ishan suffer.
So I thought what better way to make Shubman suffer than by hurting Ishan.

Also, I really wanted to show how much a person suffers seeing their loved ones get hurt, especially when they blame themselves for it.