Pari pt1

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

As I sat there on one of the hospital benches breaking down, I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything to save my love, all I could do was sit outside and hope for the best. I knew I would lose everything if I didn't receive good news by the doctor. As I sat there outside the operation theatre alone, all I could do was think how utterly alone and lifeless I would be without....no I have to be positive. I can't lose hope, my angel needs me the most right now. I have to be strong.

After a while the doctor came outside removing his mask and said,
"I tried my best, the patient is stable for now, we will move the patient to the ICU but..."
"but what?" I croaked out desperately sobbing.
"But if we don't get a donor within a few days, I'm sorry to say but the patient won't survive much longer."
Saying that the doctor left and I just fell back onto the bench desperately crying. I didn't know what to do. I needed him here with me. Why wasn't he here with me?

It's as if the heavens had answered my prayers just as the door of the operation theatre opened, he walked towards me and then looked towards the hospital bed which was being pulled out. He just watched as they took the bed away and then turned towards me and sat down besides me and pulled me in a hug.
I just sobbed harder in his arms as he gently comforted me, rubbing my back, while a few tears betraying him fell out of his eyes.
"What did the doctor say?"
"They need a donor within a few days."

As I sobbed harder in his arms, he pulled me closer to his body.
"Shubman... she- she.."
"She will be okay."
"but it is extremely difficult to find a donor match within a few days."
"But it's not impossible right?"
"...but"
"No buts she will be ok, she's strong."
After that we sat in comfortable silence for a while I calmed down a little. I was still in his arms and he hadn't loosened his grip on me even a little bit. It seemed almost as it he didn't want to let go of me because he was scared.

A nurse approached us and informed us that my love had now been shifted into the ICU and it would take a little time for her to gain consciousness but we could see her for a little while. Shubman and I went towards the ICU and wore the safety equipment before entering and the sight of my angel had broken my heart. I stood there holding Shubman's hand tightly like my life depended on it, and maybe it did honestly. I sat there with her for a while and talked to her, I know she's unconscious and probably couldn't hear me but I couldn't help myself and as I cried more I saw Shubman leaving the ICU, like he couldn't bare the sight of us like this. Like it was physically impossible for him to see us in this state.

After a while I was asked to leave and I came outside and saw Shubman sitting there, as I went and sat beside him, I asked again,
"She will be ok right?"
"Ofcourse she will." Shubman said with a big smile on his face that didn't look to genuine but I didn't question it. I trusted him, more than myself.
If he said it would be okay, it would be okay.

After a day there with Shubman nagging me and forcing me to eat, the nurse had informed us that she was finally conscious. We went into the ICU and she looked at me, with her pretty eyes, "Baba" she said in a small voice.
"Yes meri jaan baba is here." I said smiling, I didn't want her to see me cry.
She then noticed Shubman's presence and her eyes lit up, "Dada is here too."
she exclaimed excitedly. Shubman came closer to her and held her hand.
"Ofcourse Dada is here baby, why wouldn't Dada be here?"

Shubman held back tears, he really was trying to stay strong for the both of us. It must be so hard on him aswell. I went near my Pari and held her other hand. She smiled at the both of us and said that she was happy, but she felt a bit tired so she wanted to take a nap.
As Shubman and I kissed her forehead and were about to leave the ICU, she said "You'll still be here when I wake up right?"
"Ofcourse Pari."

Pari was shifted into a hospital room soon after because she was stable and I took that as a positive sign. She would be okay. Shubman was sitting on the chair holding Pari's hand in one and typing on his phone one-handedly with the other, I could see him struggling to type but he wasn't willing to let go of her hand. I smiled watching them as I sat on the opposite side of Pari. She was still asleep.

"How was your trip?"
Shubman looked up startled and kept his phone aside before answering,
"It was going good but then I got your call so...not really too pleasant."
"How did you get here so quick?"
"I was in Kashmir, it's not that far away, I took the earliest flight."
"Did you atleast click enough pictures?"
"Not really... I might have to go back but it'll obviously not happen any time soon, so if they don't be patient then I might just cancel the contract."
"This was a really big opportunity for you, you should go."
"Not until Pari gets the donor and gets better."
"Shubman.."
"I won't change my decision."
"..but"
"No. She is my inspiration Ishan, I won't be able to do anything leaving her here in this condition."

We both didn't speak after that until Pari woke up. She noticed Shubman holding her little hand and smiled,
"I missed you so much Dada."
"I missed you too meri jaan."
"Why can't you just stay with us Dada?"
She asked with her smile fading a little. My heart broke seeing her like this but neither of us could reply to her question. I didn't know if it was even possible for us to stay with each other anymore.

________________________________________

Did you think something happened to Shubman in the start of the story? if so hehe kaisa laga mera majak.

Also I just wanted to say thank you for the immense support that I didn't even expect honestly and all your comments are really appreciated and I read every single one, whether you say something good or bad about my stories, criticism is always welcome aswell <3