How could anyone not love you? pt1

(Ishan's dialogues will be in italics.
Shubman's dialogues will be in bold.)

Ishan's pov

"Chor na yaar tu nahi samjhega"
"Mai kyu nahi samjhunga? tu ek baar batake toh dekh"
"Tune kabhi kisi se pyaar kiya hai?"

And for the first time ever, I didn't have a reply to one of his many questions.
How was I supposed to answer that?
Was I supposed to lie? He would've instantly caught the lie though, I'm not a good liar I think.... or maybe he just knows me too well.

"How does that matter?"
Shubman looked confused and asked again, "Kiya hai kya?"
I just looked away unable to lie to him.
"Oh my god Ishan, how could you not tell me? I thought I was your bestfriend? And ofcourse it matters."

I wanted to runaway, from him and from these feelings, but right now from this situation and his questions.

"Ishan, who is it? Tell me. Kisse pyaar kiya tune?"
"Chor na yaar, it was one sided, just let it be, it doesn't matter."
"Tune kissi ko apna dil diya and it was one sided? How is that even possible? Who wouldn't love YOU back?"
I just smiled looking at him trying to hold my tears.
"Are you still in love with that person?"
"Maybe, maybe not"
I just shrugged it off, I was certain that life was playing a sick, cruel joke on me. Was I giving him a hint? He probably wouldn't get it though would he? It was too far-fetched.

"Anyways what were you saying?"
"I love her Ishan, and I don't know how to confess, what if she doesn't love me back? I'm scared."
"Who wouldn't love YOU back? Just tell her how you feel."

I turned away with tears in my eyes trying to get away from him as fast as possible.
I couldn't let him see me not like this. Not when he didn't know that I was in love with him. Not when he loved her.
Not when I knew she was perfect for him, much better than me, and a relationship with her would be much easier, after all everybody already shipped them together. And certainly not when I knew being in a relationship with him could not only destroy mine but also his career.

And so as I watched him dancing with her, holding her so close, all I could do was down the drink I had in my hand while pretending to enjoy this party that he had held to celebrate his relationship with her.

And then I left, distanced myself from him physically and emotionally, not so much that it would be too noticeable, but just enough to not break myself further.

How would he notice the distance anyways, he was too busy with her now.
And as I watched silently from the sidelines watching the one I loved with all my heart, loving her, my heart broke all over again.

________________________________________

Oops sorry not sorry.
I was listening to "Tu jaane na" and couldn't help but write this.

Guys there was a problem in these three oneshots so that's why I posted them again, nothing has changed so if you've already read them, just ignore it.