NINE

I was breathing heavily when I reached the kitchen as I couldn’t help but gasp when I almost hit Muzamil Bhai.

“Sorry. I couldn’t see you.” I mumbled fidgeting my fingers as He just smiled at me.

“Don’t worry. Even if you had bumped into me, it wouldn’t even give me scratch. But I can’t say the same things for you.” He chuckled as he waved his hand away to vanish my flushed state.

“Why were you running like that? Is someone behind you?” Zaroon Bhai resting his back at the counter table asked with his eyes glued to his phone. Whenever they were here, he used to present here too. They seemed like best buddies who would do everything together.

“No…I was just…” I tried to smile.

“Yeah. I thought the dogs ran after you.” Muzamil Bhai said examining my harsh breathing but his words made my eyes as wide as saucers.

“Dogs?” I tried to reassure. “There are dogs?”

“Obviously. We need for this mansion.” Muzamil bhai shrugged his shoulder as if it wasn’t a big deal for him.

“Dogs are more loyal than humans.” Zaroon bhai said as he diverted his attention from the phone and then towards my pale face.

“Where are the dogs right now?” I asked in a hushed tone as even Suzi who was busy working turned towards me as if had grown two heads.

“F**k! You are scared of dogs.” Muzamil Bhai laughed as soon as he realized. But what hurt me the most was that Zaroon Bhai’s lips also twitched from the side.

“Oh! poor girl. They are just dogs and they won’t hurt anyone who are the part of family. They are very loyal to our young knight.” Suzi said as if she was very proud of his dogs. Now if they were his dogs then they would definitely harm me. He didn’t like me then his loyal dogs would also make sure to but every inch of me.

But they won’t bite you like he did.

“If you weren’t scared of dogs then what made you run here like this?” Muzamil bhai asked with his mischievous eyes.

“Your friend is scarier than the dogs. Both are same.”

And they both bite too.

I was scared as my voice sounded frustrated but my overthinking side wasn’t helping me either.

“Really?” Muzamil Bhai laughed along with Suzi as I didn’t like that. I huffed before I turn around only storm out of kitchen.

But the fate wasn’t on my side today because I bumped my head in the wall.

“Ow!” I rubbed my forehead as I looked above at the wall to see the same navy-blue shirt with few buttons open to reveal his chest. I just stopped my gaze till his neck as I didn’t wang to see who it was. Two encounters in one day!

I succeeded in ignoring him for the past days but how could I hide from him in his own house. He could summon me whenever he wanted as I was his slave. Not his wife but he was also not treating me as a slave. I was just roaming around in the mansion with Suzi. There was nothing for me to do.

“In my room. Now.” He said as I felt his chest vibrating when he walked after making me frozen on my spot.

Did he hear what I just said?

I should do something in my defense. I bit my lips as nothing was coming in my mind but the mistakes, I had done to irk his nerves. First, I made fun of him with his father then I ran from there and then I compared him with his dogs. But I hoped he didn’t listen to what I said.

Standing there for few seconds I decided to walk towards his wing where my room was present too but I hadn’t seen in just to avoid bumping into him.

Oh God help me.

Saying prayers for my well-being I moved towards his room. I entered the room to meet with the chilling air coming through the window. He hadn’t turned on the heater as the room was cold as compared to other rooms.

I looked around to find where he was as I found him standing against the mirror table unbuckling his wrist watch. Now every button his shirt was unbuckled revealing everything that shouldn’t revealed to my innocent eyes. I had never seen a man without shirt and that so close to me that I could sense his cologne from far away. He had a woody scent that could make you go addicted to its freshness.

I stood there as he knew I was there but still he kept himself busy completely ignoring myself. He was looking angry but there weren’t any emotions covering his face that could help me assume in how much danger I was at that time. I had so many bad things in a day that it was enough to kill me in a stroke. He was a dangerous man. He could kill me any moment.

Closing the sliding drawers covered by an expensive glass he turned around as a cold gush of wind entered the room to sway my hairs and fell over my face hindering my sight. I took a shower before going to the garden so that’s why my hairs were freshly combed reaching their full-length till my waist. They were still moist as the cold air made me feel chills but that could be because of his gaze too. He had turn towards me completely.

“What do you think you are doing?” I didn’t align my hairs as I let them sway with the air when I heard his voice.

“I didn’t do anything.” I muttered as I thought it would irk his nerves if I talked in my defense but his reaction was completely different.

“What?” He chuckled although it was bitter. “With that face of yours your mouth is quiet sassy.” He said as he approached me in two steps. He got those long legs.

“You aren’t doing anything?” He asked as I looked down at my toes trembling. He so close that if I raised my head, it could have bumped with his chin.

I simply nodded my head as if he was angry at making fun of him than I could apologize.

“I am sorry. I thought you liked black color a lot.” I gathered all the courage in my body to blurt those words.

“F**K!” He cursed as I gasped loudly when he wrapped his right hand roughly around my throat. My eyes almost popped out as I wasn’t expecting that at all. In one second, he looked so calm and the other second, he still looked calm but his actions weren’t calm at all. He could do everything without any emotion in his eyes.

“Who are you to think that? When did I f**king allow you to think about my likes or dislikes?” He grip wasn’t choking but still I was scared he would apply pressure anytime as his thumb started making circles around my jugular vein.

I wrapped my small hand around his wrist to make him pull away while the other hand unconsciously rested on his chest to push him away.

“Look at me.” He whispered so close that his breath fanned my trembling lips. He applied a little pressure to make me act upon his words.

A lone year escaped my eyes as soon as I raised my head to look at him in the eyes. His forest green eyes were beautiful as always but I still felt there were so many layers in his eyes that masked so many emotions at a time.

His eyes roamed around every feature of my face but my eyes. He looked at me for a mini- second and then diverted his attention towards my lips.

“I hate people who try to look innocent.” His thumb rubbed my upper lip as his touch made me tremble while hand fisted his chest.

“I-I don’t…” I tried to say something but the tears coming down my eyes, my trembling lips and my scared soul didn’t let me.

“Then what were you doing with that man in the garden…” He hissed with so much hatred that I had to look him in the eye to make sure that he was talking about his father. “…if you are innocent then what were you doing with him?” He asked again with the mixture of hatred and rage but there was something too. Was he hurt?

“He is my friend.” I informed as I had to admit that. He even asked me to call him Dad as I sense a fatherly aura around him. I never had a father but I knew how it felt to have one. Fahad Shah was a good man and to me he was good father but his son was ungrateful.

“That man can never be anyone’s friend.” He muttered as he looked shocked at my words. A new wave of fury could be seen in his eyes.

“You are ungrateful to him. He is a good man.” I said as I didn’t know why but I felt defensive towards him. He was good to me.

“F**K!” His eyes were red because of the rage he was holding in but my words broke the barrier as he pulled me with my throat and captured my lips in his.

“YOU F**KING NEED TO BE TAMED!” He growled.