ELEVEN

She was standing against the counter table and I was confused how to react. Suzi told me about her. She informed me that she was already waiting for me in the kitchen and vanished from there leaving me alone to deal with her.

She was wearing a maroon-colored crop top with the pair of tight jeans. Her curves were perfectly visible as she had the perfect body like those models in the front of cover of a western magazine. Her hairs were honey-brown colored with perfectly resting at one side of her face

She was Areej Mirza.

His fiancé and I supposed my soon to be enemy.

“Assalamualikum?” I greeted her as she turned around with beautiful pair of hazel eyes.

She diverted all of her attention towards me as she scanned my existence from head to toe with her sharp eyes. Her face was deadly serious.

I couldn’t help but play with the corner of my parrot-colored shirt with white dubatta hanging on one side of my shoulders. My feet were clad in white colored sandals while hers were adored in black heels with an anklet around one ankle.

“Walikum Asalam.” She answered my greeting which I least expected as she added that too with a heart-warming smile. “Don’t tell me you are his wife.” She said as she stepped forward and sat on one of the chairs while I sat at the opposite side.

I didn’t know what she meant by that as to my realization she must be comparing me with his class. I honestly didn’t fit with him. She was the one who would look good even in sweat pants while standing next to him. They both were gorgeous.

“You wanted to talk.” I reminded her as she must not be present there to talk but to condemn as how could I marry her fiancé but the way Muzamil bhai portrayed her I already had made up my mind. I couldn’t fight but I could relax her by facts as top of the list was that he forced me and we weren’t living like husband and wife.

“I know you must be angry.” I trailed of the sentence while not meeting her gaze as my finger kept playing with the table mat placed in front of me.

“Yes...f**k I am angry.” She stated with a smirk as I looked at her while biting my tongue but my expressions soon changed into dumbfounded one when she added. “I should be by the way. You came into my life so late. You know how much depression your non-existence gave me.” She rolled her eyes as she intertwined her manicured fingers while resting them on the table.

“What do you mean?” I asked as she smiled brightly.

“What what? Can’t you see how happy I am?” She gave me a dead glare as I looked at her with dumbfounded expressions.

“Didn’t you want to marry him?” I asked as Suzi entered the kitchen. She nodded her head at us as she started preparing for today’s dinner.

“You are going to have dinner here with us Miss Mirza?” Suzi asked with utter respect as Areej rolled her eyes.

“Don’t call me that.” She shot back at her as Suzi suppressed her smile.

“Okay Miss Mirza.” Suzi said as Areej fisted her hands but controlled while completely ignoring her.

“Will you marry someone just because of a business deal?” Areej asked against my question. I just simply nodded my head as why would I? But still I forced to marry him like that. It was a deal after all. 

“Then why would I want to marry him. I would marry with the person who would love me. Period.” She stated as Suzi placed freshly prepared orange juice in front of us.

“Why didn’t you tell him that?” I asked after I mumbled thank you to Suzi earning a slacked face from Areej.

“I did obviously but he told me to say that to my father and that’s you know an impossible thing because my father can easily slaughter his daughter for his business.” She said rolling her eyes while taking sip of her juice.