THIRTY-TWO

I had plenty of sleeps when I could say I slept peacefully but this time it was all different from them. This time I woke up with warmth beside me as I was totally engulfed in someone’s embrace as if he didn’t want to let go forever or he was hiding in his bulky arms in a protective manner.

Last night I was trying my best in order to not touch him but soon he pulled me into him making all the gates of my escape closed tightly just light his embrace. I thought I would wait for him falling asleep to get out of his touch so that he could sleep peacefully and my erratic heartbeat could take rest but I slept even before him. Might be I was too tired that I couldn’t resist the warmth and soothing cologne around me relaxing every tense fiber inside me bit by bit.

The moment I woke up I squirmed a little while I fluttered my eyelashes to absorb my surroundings. The curtains weren’t parted yet so there was the dim light still present inside the room making the aura more relaxed and sleepier. Soon I realized where I was and soon, I realized how I was sleeping.

My cheeks turned crimson when I realized my position. He was lying on his back while I was practically sleeping on him. My knees were touching something that shouldn’t be. Even the thought of that was sinful while my hairs were sprawled all over his chest and on the mattress as they were long, till my waist. I remembered I had them in a bun and I also remembered that I had a veil while sleeping which I wrapped around myself like a protective shield but now the veil was hanging down the bed twirled around my elbow.

My palm was resting above the area where I could feel his every beat clearly while my other hand was in his hand with our fingers intertwined with each other. Heat erupted from my neck as I realized my face was placed on his bare chest where few of his top buttons were open enough for me to peek down at his chest which I wanted to, so badly. Nonetheless, putting the manner aside I glanced down at his hard rock chest to gulp the lump in my throat. His chest was heaving up and down while his skin was rough but kind of smooth too. I didn’t know even if that made sense but I felt that.

“Done with anatomical research?” That voice, that raspy masculine voice that had a dominant effect like always but right now it was giving more dominating aura as my chest reverberating against his while my spine shuddered.

“Hm?” I only managed to come out with that while I looked above at him. His dark forest green eyes were wide opened giving the hint of him sleeping with pink redness in them. He was good-looking but I couldn't tell him that. He was already very arrogant.

“You like a lot to check me out. Shouldn’t I just give you a proper view?” He raised his eyebrow while his masculine voice erupted tingling sensation in my stomach. His action hit first than his words when he raised his hand to remove his shirt but I abruptly grabbed his hand while he was unbuttoning his shirt.

“No.” My heart was already beating very fast and if he did that then I wouldn’t be able to breathe. “We are in a hospital.” I said in a hushed tone when I suddenly remembered Precious before looking at my left to see Precious with his beautiful grayish eyes wide opened while he was examining the room.

“So would you have let me do this if we weren’t?” For the first since I had opened my eyes, I saw his eyes smiling while his lips turned into a smirk.

I was so engrossed in the intensity of his eyes when I didn’t why I shook my head in agreement with him. I was awake but my mind was still sleeping, I guess.

“F**K!” His eyes darkened when he saw my head shaking and I got alarmed suddenly when I realized his eyes turning dark with some emotions.

“No…no no no.” I almost screamed that’s why Precious diverted his all attention towards me and him. His grayish eyes were examining us lying in that position and I didn’t why I got blushed. “That’s not what I mean.” I tried to clear everything before his evil mind could think of me as that type of girl.

Well, he already does.

My conscience mocked me from inside when I remembered he thought of me as characterless girl because of Jameel. There was some kind of soothing unfamiliar feeling bubbling inside me that busted as soon as I remembered Jameel and as soon as I realized what he thought of me.

“Let me go.” I murmured as I tried to get up from him but he, in an instant, shifted our positions making me hid beneath him while he rested our intertwined hands above my head on the soft feathery pillow.

“Why would I do that? Everybody has a right to be peaceful.” He said as I looked above at his every feature which showed how much he was the most salient among women.

“Then go find your peace. You’ll find plenty of them.” I said as I tried to nit meet his gaze while saying that. By peace I meant women which I bet he would find any moment in this hospital. I even saw the nurse twice my age drooling over him as she was just talking to him about Precious while I was also standing there.

“F**K!” His smirk grew as he let out a dry chuckle making my eyes wide at the beautiful sound. He should chuckle more often as I passed the statement. “Are you saying that I should leave you with this warmth of your and find someone out in that cold.” He cocked an eyebrow as I just shook my head.

“But not that nurse. I don’t like her.” I blurted out as I really didn’t like that nurse who had her all attention on him and not her job. She was smiling cheezily whenever he was entering the room. I also saw her examining him from top to bottom and she examined his that ‘part’ more thoroughly.

Even I never did that.

Hm! Again, my conscience mocked but I ignored it.

“Which nurse?” I knew he was prolonging that conversation although he didn’t have any interest in that nurse.

“That with dark lipstick and too much blush on.” I tried to draw her check in his mind. “That who came when we were about to sleep last night.” I tried to make him remember as she came last night to inject some medicine in Precious drip.

“Eh…I don’t remember. Actually, I was more focused on you who were dripping to sleep.” He made a confused expression as if he failed to remember her.

“The one who was talking to you outside.” I pouted as he failed to remember her.

“I don’t. My mind was on you when you were talking to me on my lap. You fit perfectly in me.” He said as I saw him getting down the track when he leaned down and grazed his nose with mine. He really liked to play with my nose with his.

“Precious is watching.” I said as his eyes were getting darker glancing at my vanishing pout. I squirmed underneath him while my one hand was on his biceps and the other one was intertwined with his large calloused one.

“He is a cat.” He looked amused as he was still grazing my button shaped nose with his pointed one.

“Ah!...” I gasped as he pulled himself with visible sin in his eyes. “He still has feelings.” I said as I didn’t like when people underestimate the emotional capabilities of cats. They were most sensitive and cute and emotional who just wanted our care and love.

“But still, he is a cat.” He didn’t even budge from his statement as he looked at me with confused expressions.

“And my cat needs me. Get away.” He wasn’t expecting my push so he backed away as he was about to grab me when his phone started ringing. My faze fell on his phone on the night stand showing Zaroon Bhai’s name on the screen.

“I am not done with you.” He groaned while getting down the bed while I smiled and walked towards Precious who was looking at me with his wide eyes.

“What is it?” He retorted as soon as he answered the call.

“I don’t know about the cat. I am dealing with my kitten right now.” Hearing his gruff voice, I turned around as I looked at him exiting the room.

“Sorry you had to see all of this.” I caressed his head as he meowed in his low voice.

•~•

VOTE & DO LOTS OF COMMENTS