NINETEEN

I wanted to swim but I didn’t want to get wet and make white cotton dress to cling to my body shamelessly but it didn’t happen. I was wet but his large frame abruptly covered my body as a shield.

“What are you doing?” I took a sharp breath as came in contact with the water so suddenly that went awestruck for second and the second, I landed in the water I realized I never learned swimming.

Jumping up a little I crossed mt arms around his neck and his amused expressions went dark for moment. Might be he wasn’t expecting that.

“You don’t know swimming?”  He asked as I was so close to him that I could feel his warm breath fanning my cheeks.

I just simply nodded my head as I was enthusiastic that I was in the water but my other side was shivering inside being so close to him. I thought he would make take me out of the water instead he said.

“Let me teach you then.” He said with a determined voice and I got my eyes as widened as I could. I didn’t want to learn anything from him. What if I did something wrong? He would just kill that instant. Not kill but glare and it was similar to be murdered.

“No..I am fine.” I mustered the courage to speak up as I wanted to step back but I would drown if I do that. Not that his aura wasn’t soothing to nerves and distracted me from my worries for a time being but the decency was in this that I should be at a mile distance away from him. He could do anything in an instant. He was unpredictable and I was so predictable for him. Might be that’s why he guessed so easily that I didn’t know swimming or I wanted to be in water.

“You saying that you just want to be like this…close to me.” He asked quirking an eyebrow at me and I gulped. My body went on fire even in the water as the sun was shining brightly above our heads. My hands around his neck started feeling itching just the contact of his skin as if they were burning from the heat coming from his skin. My knuckles were touching the ends of his hairs that a sent a tingling sensation inside my nail beds and travelled towards the area between my legs while touching my major organ…my heart as my brain was to numb to activate its immune system to protect my delicate organ. It should just pump blood peacefully. Nothing else.

“No…no…” I baffled. “I don’t want to learn from you.” I blurted out as that was the truth. I could merely breathe normally around his presence. How could I learn from him?

“Uh-hn…” He clicked his tongue with a glint of smile in his eyes as his lips tugged upward a little in a knowing manner. “You don’t trust me?” He asked as I wanted to roll my eyes at him but I stopped myself if I wanted to refrain him from drowning me in the water.

“Why would I?” I mumbled as I could barely hear my voice but since his whole focus was on me so he heard every word of it. I thought he would react with some rage and anger or he would be amused by my sentence but he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. He wasn’t holding me before as his hands were in the air around me so I could easily swim off but when I didn’t, he possessively wrapped me in his heated embrace as I looked into his forest green eyes. His forest green eyes were intense with dark shade of green. I was so close that I could see my reflection in his eyes.

It was as if he was consuming me whole inside him. As if I was the most beautiful if I look at my reflection in the eyes. But I wasn’t as Safwan’s words rang in my head.

…you are just average looking. You aren’t even beautiful but since I am not into appearances, I fell in love with you…

His words stabbed me in the middle of the ocean as I stare at his sculptured face. His eyes were like deep silence of a forest at midnight when the light of moon made the silence more enticing, his jaw was chiseled as I could trace a fine line with that, his cheekbones were high and rough making him look more dominant and then came his lips, they were plump and full. If I were with my mother and everything going in my life was normal then whenever I used to come home from college then I would swoon over him and tell her that I had a crush.

But I didn’t have my mother with I could share my feelings neither I went to college and he wasn’t my crush. He was my master and I was his slave. He could never give me what I want. Dignity and peace which is lacked in a slave’s life. But this didn’t bother me much. I was living like this in my aunt’s house too. I didn’t gather hopes because it was a way for me to stay away from the heartbreaks and would be at peace.

I should be at peace but I wasn’t. The urge of something was swelling inside me as I looked at him. I didn’t know for how much time we were staring at each other but it seemed he was in his deep thoughts too. His arms were tightly secured around my waist as our chests were grazing each other that sent sparkles to run down my spine. I felt a strange sensation on my breasts as my nipples were tight and erect. I hope he didn’t feel them.

“What you wish for?” His voice scraped my skin and traveled a wave of tingles along my wet skin. I understand his question but that out of blue. The air around us felt like humming at every drop of water trickling down my torso.

“To be with my family…my mother.” I stated and I chuckled in the end as a tear fell down my eyes. “And for that I have to die.” I said but my smiled went lazy when I saw him clenching his jaw. I assumed he didn’t like my second sentence.

“What about your father?” He asked as I doubt, he didn’t know anything about that.

“Suzi told me that you have a file on everyone.” I asked him in a teasing as I remembered Suzi told me that he had information on everyone.

“I never felt the need to look into one.” He raised his fingers to graze his knuckles along my cheekbones. “I have you in front of my eyes.”

“But you come home late at night and leave early.” I didn’t want to sound complaining as most part of me was glad at that to avoid him but still it came out as I never wanted.

“Someone’s having tabs on me. Well, I have cameras installed in the mansion.” He said as his face finally welcomed a smirk making me turn crimson. Was he looking at me the entire time?

A wave of fury washed over me thinking of him glancing at me through the camera. Was he checking on me? I was his slave but still I did feel offended.

“That’s invasion of privacy.” I glared at him with my rounded eyes as his hand grazing my cheekbones came to a halt as he looked at me with amusement.

“Is it?” He raised an eyebrow ever so slowly as the moment split into mini seconds.

I vigorously shook my head in yes. I was angry at him although anger was a rare feeling inside me.

“You can talk about me all day with Suzi and I can’t even look at you in the camera.” He didn’t ask he stated as I felt someone threw a bucket of cold of water on my form although I was in water but the fire ignited few seconds before evaporated with a steam.

“I-I…d-don’t…” I was trying to come with some excuse as it was humiliating to know he knew everything about him with Suzi. “You said I am your slave. I should know what you like or not so that I don’t piss you off.” I blurted out as it was confirmed I bluff a lot.

Suddenly the air around us tensed as I saw his jaw clenched and his eyes losing the amusement. His arms around me tightened as I gasped when he pulled me out with him and made me stand on the wooden aisle.

“Yes…just a slave.” He muttered more to himself as he started unbuttoning his shirt making every pore in my body tensed. Unbuttoning his last button, he placed his shirt around my shoulder as it covered my front completely and without granting any other glance at me, he left.

I had a heavy feeling inside my chest but I was relieved too to find no one there. It was evening so everyone went inside or they wanted to leave us alone but the heavy feeling overcame that relief soon.

                                   •~•

VOTE & DO LOTS OF COMMENTS