TWENTY-FOUR

“Fine. Make me believe it and I won’t marry her.”

“But it’s not like that…” I didn’t know what to do. It should be either crying upon my stupidity to think about he would understand or on him who was dumb enough to not understand me or not trying to understand me.

“You can’t make people believe it. It’s in the fate. Sometimes it leaves you heartbroken while sometimes it blesses you with peace.” I mumbled as I looked into his forest green eyes. He had stopped touching my nose but still I could feel his hot breath warming my lips.

“It’s my job to fall in love or not. You just have to make me believe that.” He rasped in his husky tone while smirking…a tired smirk.

“How can I make you believe that?” I simply asked as he should at least give me a hint.

“It’s your job to do but for a straw for you to grab you should stay close to me all the time.” He added as if he had given me a second life.

“I can’t stay close to you all the time.” My heart skipped a beat as I tried to understand the underline meaning of these words as my words held despair enough to show him that he was asking for a very big thing.

“Giving up already. What type of flowers should I decorate my mansion on my engagement?” He acted like he was thinking of the most important thing with glint of mischief in his eyes. The tip of my ears turned red as I saw his smirking face getting enlightened by the way he was teasing me.

“I am saying that I can’t stay close to you all the time. You go to work and I stay home.” I tried to dodge the bullet by changing the meaning of my statement as his smirk grew by looking down at me. He was so big as compared my small frame that if someone enters the room, he could never see at the first side. My view was blocked by his appearance as he was practically hiding me underneath.

“That’s not the issue. You can work for me in my office so you can stay close to me.” He presented the solution in few seconds as I rolled my eyes annoyingly inside my head.

“I don’t want to work in my office. There’s a lot of people and I don’t even know how to work.” I whispered the last part as he listened to me very keenly.

“Fine.” He said and I was a little surprised that he didn’t persuade me. “For now on you can shift in my room so that whenever I am home you can stay with me all the time.” He suggested another solution and this time my eyes got widened like saucers.

“Your room?” I breathed heavily as he tried to hide his smirk which was a failed attempt. “But then we would stay together.” I added further just in case he didn’t know that.

“Yes, I know and you know what else…” His eyes turned darker as smirk compressed a little. “…we would have to sleep together too.” He whispered as my shocked expressions turned into a horrified one.

“NO!” I almost screamed as I pushed him with full force. He was expecting that so he moved away a little enough for me to bounce off the bed.

“So, you are allowing me to marry her?” He grabbed my wrist as he sat on the edge of the bed while I stood between his thighs.

“No…” I whispered weakly as I regretted the moment I stepped inside the room. “…but we can’t…do that.” I tried to give him the hint as I didn’t want to use the S word.

“Do what?” He whispered back nonchalantly as no matter how tired he was looking the energy was still the same.

“What husband and wife do?” I narrowed my eyes at him so that he couldn’t focus on my crimson cheeks and redness erupted around my neck.