THIRTY-THREE

I didn’t see him after that as I freshen up while the nurse came and removed all the tubes from Precious.

The doctor discharged him as Imran brought a beautiful basket with soft cushion inside as a welcome gift to my kitten. I squealed the moment I saw it but since I didn’t want to move the kitten much because of his wounds I needed help. Imran had gone to bring the car at the entrance so I had to look at him.

“Where is he?” I asked as soon as we reached the car and Imran opened the door for me.

“He had an emergency at the warehouse.” He stated simply as I tilted my head with a little bit of sadness and concern in my eyes when I looked at his coat in my hand. He even left that with me in the hospital. Nonetheless I took it with me while Precious wasn’t moving much only his soft meowls were echoing in the room.

I felt bad that he had to go through so much because of me as someone wanted to scare me from this. They wanted me to leave him but little did they know I didn’t have the chance for that. I was forced already. I couldn’t leave according to my will.

Do you want to leave?

A voice echoed in my mind as I didn’t even want to answer that. There were so many things if I just didn’t focus on the part how I became part of all of this.

Did I want a perfect marriage?

No, But I at least wanted a proper marriage.

Do I wanted to have children as soon as I got married?

Yes, I wanted that. But I wasn’t getting anything from it. It wasn’t a marriage as I didn’t even cry about the ups and downs of it.

“We have reached. Let me carry that for you.” Imran’s voice reached my ears before my thoughts could wander around the abandoned roads where even I didn’t want to go.

“It’s not that. His name is Precious.” I smiled while I got out of the car when Imran took it from me. He tilted his head at me with a small voice as if he would be fined if he smiled more heartedly.

“Oh, thank God you are here. I was bored as hell.” Suzi took me in her arms as soon as I got inside the mansion. “What’s this cat is doing here?” She cocked an eyebrow as she glanced at the cat with the least interest. Seriously nobody liked animals especially cats in this mansion as the whole garden was filled with all the dangerous breeds of dogs that could just scare the hell out of you by staring.

“It’s a kitten and his name is Precious.” I said as I took the cushion from Imran getting him out of his misery was it was visible from his face how much he liked cats.

“Yeah, but what is he doing here?” Suzi asked as she glanced at Precious snuggling his face in my chest.

“He is going to live with us from now on.” I narrowed my eyes at both of them as they both were looking at Precious as if he was an alien.

“Who is going to live with us from now on?” We were settling on the couch in the living room when dad’s voice echoed in the hall while descending the stairs.

He came down and I was glad he didn’t give Precious the same expressions but he also didn’t come forward to take him from me or even touched him. Seriously? What is wrong with the people of this mansion.

“Was he with you the entire time?” Suzi went inside the kitchen while Imran followed her most probably to tease her into making something for him. Dad asked me out of blue as I knew about whom he was talking about.

“Yes.” I mumbled as I found some discomfort in his eyes while he smiled hearing my answer.

“Is there something you want to talk about?” I asked while Precious kept squirming under my touch while tingled his belly. He liked that as it gave some kind of comfort to his wounds.

“No. It’s just that he missed the very important meeting of the board and who ever done this…” He pointed towards Precious. “…will know how much influence you have in his life. They would try to do something again.” Dad seemed concerned as I remembered the note that came with the kitten.

“Should I talk to him about letting me go?” I muttered as that sound impossible but still he couldn’t be in danger just because of me.

“What? No.” Dad straightened up in an alarmed posture. “They know you now and we can’t just leave you alone. You need us as much we need you.” Dad rumbled as I was biting my lower lip.

“Why do you need me?” I asked as I wasn’t of any help to them. I barely had any contribution in daily life chores of this mansion although I hadn’t changed the garden yet just like I wanted because of the sudden appearance of that beast that scared me to do anything with the garden.

“Seriously?” Dad tilted his head with a small lazy smile appearing on his face while he got and patted my head. “You are the one who is making this mansion look like a home.” He said and walked away leaving me sit there in a stilled position.

I didn’t know why but his words made my eyes filled with that salty water as I smiled looking at his retreating back. This was I was talking about. I got this from that forced marriage. I got the care the attention and the love I was yearning for after my mother’s death. It wasn’t like my mother’s love for me as no one could ever match that but still I was receiving one.

Not from him though. My conscience spoke as I just shook my head at it. I wasn’t ungrateful so I could stay happy for the love that wasn’t coming from him. I knew he hated me as he should be. He would never give me that love just because of the person for whom I entered his life. I entered his life with a lie and everyone knows the relationship based on lies never get the fruitful ends. They barely get their happily ever after. But it can have it if you just prefer to speak the truth.

If lies cab ruin things then truth can remodel them. But we need courage for that and I need selfishness for that. I couldn’t put Beela and my aunt in front of him to deal with just like he way he pleased.

Thinking about Beela and aunt I mused over what they would be doing right now. I used to do all the chores of the house as Beela didn’t know anything to do so it must be my aunt now who would be taking care of her home. I wondered if they ever wanted to meet me again but that was again impossible if they hadn’t hired any housemaid yet.

Do I miss them and wants to meet them again? The answer is yes. No matter how much hard time they had given me this entire time but still I had spent a huge piece of my life with them in their house. If they had me to do all the house chores then they had also given me the room, clothes and food to eat. I heard many people didn’t have them too.

Shaking my head, I took Precious with me and entered the kitchen where I saw Suzi making sandwiches for Imran most probably.

“Are you bringing that cat inside the kitchen? Suzi asked as her eyes widened seeing Precious in my hands. I had the urge to roll my eyes at her as Imran was busy devouring his food.

“I got him vaccinated today. He is all pure that you can eat with him in the same bowl.” I said while sitting on the kitchen counter while I asked her to bring him some milk and Imran to bring all the cat food he might needed.

“We don’t have a small feeder or something?” I asked as he was small and weak so he couldn’t drink it from the bowl.

“We don’t…no…wait a minute…I have a small feeder.” She said as her eyes shone brightly while she exited the kitchen. I looked at Imran and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“There it is?” She came back with a feeder wrapped in a cotton cloth. It was transparent with blue dinosaurs printed on it.

“Whose is this?” I asked as she started cleaning the bottle to pour milk in that.

“It belonged to young knight. Actually, our ma’am used to save everything he ever used in his childhood. This was his favorite bottle as my mother told me once. He didn’t even use to sleep without this.” Suzi informed as she handed me the bottle with luke warm milk inside.

I couldn’t help but imagine him drinking milk with this small bottle with his lips wrapped around that nipple.

“He must be cute.”

                                      •~•

VOTE & DO LOTS OF COMMENTS