TWENTY-SIX

“Are you running a marathon?”

Suzi asked as I entered the kitchen with heavy breathing accelerated heartbeat while almost running into her.

“Nothing I just came to help you.” I mumbled with a confused smile on my face as she gave me a quizzically raised eyebrow. Her eyes scanned me with top to bottom with a tilted head as I bit my lips.

“Barefoot and directly from the bed.” Her gaze turned more suspicious as I looked down at myself. I ran from there as soon as I found the chance that forget me wearing shoes and my veil was also somewhere lying on his bed at that time. My face was flushed and my heartbeat still uneven thinking of what if he had caught me.

“I was thirsty.” I didn’t lie as my throat was parched after the way he sucked me whole. He was shameless. He should stop when he received the call but not even after that he said he wasn’t done yet with me. When did I agree that I would make him believe in love? And that too by staying close to him. It was more like a suicide.

“Must have got a nightmare. They always make you thirsty. Let me fetch you a fresh peach juice.” She added with concern as I sat on the dining table. It was late. That meant dad had already taken his breakfast. Now I had to eat alone which I hated the most. It reminded me how I used to eat alone at nights in my room after doing tons of chores of the house. I never complained about that as Beela had a job and my aunt was old so I had to do the whole work but still whenever I used to put the first bite of the food alone in the dim lights of my room it always made my eyes teary.

Ten minutes later Suzi brought me the juice along with my breakfast as I tried to glare at her but she ignored. She was older than me and most importantly she was my friend so I could make my breakfast with her company and since it was her work too so she could give me her little help but here she made me the whole breakfast.

Looking at the breakfast my mouth filled with saliva as after so many days I had been taking in the sight of the aloo paratha (tortilla with stuffed potatoes). The aroma filled the dining hall as I looked at them with lovey dovey eyes when I felt the chair beside me moving.

The aroma of my breakfast enticed me so deeply that I couldn’t felt his cologne engulfing me unless he sat at my right side. I was sitting unconsciously on the head seat where dad used to sit so, I stood up but failed when he grabbed my wrist and my butt landed on the chair again.

“You got me late.” He rumbled as he looked at my breakfast. Danger!

“I didn’t. You woke up after me.” I didn’t like the way he was looking at my aloo paratha. He also picked up the fork. Danger signs everywhere.

“You made me sleep that much.” He rumbled as before I could say anything Suzi entered the dining hall as she was shocked to see him there.

“Uh…sir…you…do you want something?” She asked as it was normal because he I had also never seen him doing breakfast here at the mansion.

“No, I have everything.” He said and my gaze turned from Suzi to him like a electric shock. He was eating my paratha.

I grabbed the palate as there were only two and that to of small size so he couldn’t take even one bite.

“What are you doing?” He frowned as he looked down at me with his mouth stuffed with my food.

“That’s mine.” I glared at him as I could see from my peripheral vision how Suzi was trying to suppress her smile.

“I know that.” He rasped while cocking an eyebrow at me.

“I don’t like to share my paratha. You can ask Suzi to make another one for you. Suzi can you please make another one for him?”