THIRTY-ONE

Precious had opened his eyes fully as I finally shook my head in relief as he was under lots of sedatives so he slept again but doctors said that for him opening his eyes completely was important for once which he did gladly.

I had to spend the night here with him in the hospital as the next morning he would be ready to go with me.

“I am excited to take you home.” I whispered while leaning against him when the door of the room opened revealing him in his last night’s clothes. He was looking tired and frustrated like always but right now with a frown on his face he entered the room closing the sliding door behind him. We got the VIP room because of him but I was surprised to see there were VIP rooms for the animals too.

Mostly animal care facilities and health centers worked on funds but this seemed to be private which was a hard sight to see. Muzamil bhai was saying he was also intrigued seeing such a hospital as he said. “Animals are treated more decently than humans these days.”

“Yeah, you should come here next time when you fell sick. It’s a best facility for animals.” Zaroon bhai gave him a serious smile although the mischief was dripping from his eyes making Muzamil to make a face.

“You should say this to our little sister.” Muzamil bhai glared at him as he pointed towards me making me gasp at his words.

“Are you referring me as an animal?” No offence to animals but still I was human and I wanted to stay that.

“Obviously no but apka shohar kisi janwer se kam he kya. I was talking about him.” He gave me a generous look as I couldn’t help but laugh at his serious suggestion. We were glad that he wasn’t here as he stormed out of the room before after our encounter while Zaroon and Muzamil bhai came after him just to lighten my mood and we also ate on silence the KFC that was brought by Muzamil bhai. Zaroon Bhai didn’t even touch the burgers as he just ate the fresh salad which I hated.

“You should eat healthy food.” Zaroon Bhai glared at both of us while we were doing justice with our burgers and fries making me make a pout with a full bite in my mouth. Muzamil bhai gave me a look as if saying bolta rehta hey ignore kero. And the funny part was I understood what Muzamil said through his eyes and I obliged with that taking a sip of my coke.

“Where is he? Won’t he eat anything?” I asked as I glanced at the door expecting his presence anytime soon.

“Nah. He just like this man here too. He would die before eating anything that has taste.” Muzamil bhai cohered as I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

We ate with a little bit of talks as I didn’t ask about him from them neither did, they do that. After the thirty minutes of their departure, he entered the room with a frown. He should sleep as I was fidgeted my fingers while talking to him.

“You should go home and sleep.” I murmured avoiding any eye contact with those forest green hues.

“Do you want me to leave you here alone?” He simply asked as he stood at a distance from me with his one hand in his pocket while other was holding a phone.

“I can stay here alone.” I said while looking at his expressions through my lowered eyebrows to see how he clenched his jaw revealing the muscular lines guarding that.

“Yeah, you can. You can stay anywhere where I am not present peacefully.” He muttered and I couldn’t even deny because it was partly true. His presence always kept me on a peak as I still didn’t know what he wanted from me as I was just dragging myself with him without knowing my actual destination. “Go sleep. It’s late at night.” He simply added further as I had already done my night routine in order to lay down on the only bed placed beside Precious bed but I couldn’t just go and sleep there knowing very well his every gaze was calculating my moves.

“You should sleep too. I’ll sleep on the couch.” As long as I realized my words sounded like I wanted him to sleep with me I abruptly added the couch part which was big enough for me but not for him. He would never fit on that couch as even the single bed wouldn’t make him comfortable.

“F**k.” He cursed under his breath to overcome the frustration my words were giving as he came forward and grabbed my wrist as if giving up the idea of talking some sense into me.

“Sleep…lay down.” He said as he made me gulped while I removed my shoes and sat down on the bed. I looked above at him who was actually waiting for me to lay down in front of him. Nonetheless I did that as I didn’t even remove my dubatta which was roaming around my neck making me uncomfortable but his gaze was more uncomfortable than that.

“Ok?” I asked mockingly as I rested my head on the pillow.

“Don’t pout.” He said and then he leaned down to remove my dubatta around my neck. I turned crimson as he removed it gently while placing it on the stand beside the bed.

“Won’t you sleep?” I asked as soon as he was turning around giving me a last glance. He was looking angry at something. Might be because of my reaction at our last encounter but he shouldn’t be angry at him. I should be the one doing that job.

“I’ll.” He just simply added not even glancing at me when I raised myself on my elbow seeing him moving towards the couch while opening the top few buttons of this couch.

“You can’t sleep there. It’s too…” I looked at the couch as it wasn’t too small but he was too large. “…not big enough for you.” I said while shifting all my weight on my elbow when he turned around with so much intensity in his eyes that made me froze with the coldness in them.

“Why do you care?” He asked tilting his head as his gaze was narrowed down at me. I glanced at Precious sleeping peacefully before I licked my lips to avoid the dryness. No answer could come in my mind at that time.

“You wouldn’t be able to sleep there.” I tried again giving it a one last shot when few seconds of silence prevailed before he started walking towards me. He looked kind of defeated as I smiled when he removed his shoes.

“Where are you going?” He asked the moment I was about to get down from the bed. I thought that he would sleep on the bed and I would on the couch as I could fit perfectly on the couch. “Don’t tell me you are going to sleep on that couch.” He said I could hear from afar that popping of his muscle while clenching his jaw.

“Just sleep. I am tired for today.” He said in a defeated tone as he grabbed my wrist and yanked me on the bed with him. I didn’t protest as he was right. It was looking like he hadn’t taken any rest since the moment he had been here.

I rested my head against the pillow as he closed his eyes while facing the roof. The light was already dimmed but I could see every feature of his face clearly with the moonlight coming across the glass wall.

“You’ll fall back.” His raspy voice echoed in the room as I looked at him. His eyes were still closed but he sensed the way I was scooting backwards until I was on the edge of the bed. The bed wasn’t big enough to accommodate both of us. If laid down carelessly I would end up sleeping on him and that’s what the one of the embarrassing things I found about myself. I used to sleep while visiting every corner of my bed in my sleep. I used to give a tour as I used to sleep alone in my room for years and the whole bed was for me so I didn’t know when it became a habit. Now I was realizing that.

“I won’…yeee.” I shrieked lowly as out of blue his hand wrapped around my waist and I ended up engulfed by him in his embrace with my face hiding inside his chest. He turned towards me to give me more space while murmuring before I could open my mouth to say something in my protest. “Enough arguments for today.”

•~•

VOTE & DO LOTS OF COMMENTS