THIRTEEN

Nobody made a sound for a long time as Dad coughed to make everyone act normal as if a civil person who loves communications had just joined us for dinner. I didn’t know why but a bright smile adored my face as I heard him taking a sharp breath beside me. Was he here because of me?

Don’t be a typical girl.

My conscience rolled her eyes at me as I tried to gather myself and my thoughts that were flying high just because of my little achievement.

Everyone suppressed their smiles making me confuse when he came to stand behind Muzamil as a cue for him to stand up.

“You can sit over there.” Muzamil Bhai whined while shrugging his shoulders as his mouth was stuff with the food but he didn’t budge from his spot as he was glaring at him with his frozen intense eyes.

Muzamil Bhai looked at everyone then at him as he mouthed something most probably a curse before getting up and went to sit on the left side of Dad.

He sat beside me as my breath got stuck in my throat as I wanted to glare at Muzamil bhai for leaving me with him but I simply diverted my attention towards my food. His cologne was washing over my senses as the thought of sitting there with him for more than a minute made my palms sweaty. I unconsciously slid my chair away from him without making noise as Suzi walked over and served him.

She just put a small amount of rice on his plate when he stopped her. Was he on diet? I don’t know why but I don’t like people who are on diet. Yes, you should eat healthy but your meals should be balanced. You shouldn’t starve yourself to death and deprive your taste buds with delicious foods. What’s the point of living then?

Everyone started eating in silence although there were smiles on everyone’s faces. Nobody came over with anything as everyone seemed to contented to heart until he said something that ruined the atmosphere.

“I am selling the beach house.” He announced as he took the last bite of his food. His hands moved to take the napkin when he announced and everyone got still.

“You…you can’t.” Dad cohered as he was looking shocked.

“I bought that so I can do whatever I want with it.” He smirked as it seemed like his Dad’s expressions made him satisfied.

“That beach house is ours. We have spent…our time there. You can’t just sell it. I gave that to you.” Dad had stopped his food and so had everyone as I wasn’t getting anything that was going on. Rain had started pouring down the windows pane as the full-length glass wall beside the dining table was showing droplets of water making beautiful patterns while merging with each other. Small droplets were gliding down to get merge with the other one to make a big droplet, showing strength although they were falling down but at least they were together.

“You never gave that to me…I took it because I could. Just wanted to tell you.” He said as his forest green eyes shone while he smirked getting up.

“Since the beach house is not going to be with us why don’t we spend this weekend there?” Zaroon bhai asked in his monotonous voice as he wasn’t smirking but still his eyes held brightness.

“Yeah, we should. I am free this weekend.” Muzamil bhai cohered as he winked at him who was standing there with his hands in his pocket while glaring at both of them and then let out a frustrated sigh while looking at the glass wall. The rain had stopped but the droplets were still there.

“You mean you don’t have any women to lay down.” Areej rolled her eyes at him as he just hissed when my eyes widened at her comment.

“It’s nothing like that.” Muzamil bhai said as soon as his eyes landed on my crimson-colored face. I couldn’t help but glare at him.

“You shouldn’t be doing these types of things. It’s a sin.” I whispered as if nobody could hear me but still, I wanted to remind him that he couldn’t do these types of things. It’s sinful.

“F**K! I don’t do anything. I just date few women.” He tried to give me a reason but my eyes widened more as he looked everyone else for help. I didn’t expect that from him and my jaw dropped when I realized he said women not woman.

“Yeah, few in day at the same time is acceptable.” Areej said as her voice was dripping sarcasm making Muzamil Bhai to mutter something under his breath.

“I would have to send my secretary or you would do that yourself.” Zaroon bhai asked him as I almost forgot he was still standing there hearing to what I just said. As a reflex I raised my head only to meet his forest green eyes with something intense swirling inside those hues. I gulped as I thought I had said something I shouldn’t have as he was looking deep in his thoughts as if he was thinking of punishing me for what I just said. But I only said that we should date multiple women. A mature man is always after one woman at a time.

“Find some woman to lay down.” He didn’t tear away his gaze from my face as he walked away denying to Zaroon Bhai’s proposal when Areej abruptly asked me. Dad didn’t ouch his food anymore as he was just looking at the spot from where he just disappeared.

“Do you like beaches?” She asked as I smiled sheepishly.

“I don’t know.” I said as everyone looked at me with eyes wanting an explanation. “I never went to any or I think I have in my childhood but I can’t recall much.” I had vague memories of my past as I had spent much time with my mother but I couldn’t recall any memory of beach with her. Might be she didn’t like beaches because she had taken me to all the amusement parks in the city to have small picnics with me.

“Our beach is beautiful but I think we would have to go to one of my friends’ private beaches.” Muzamil bhai said as he looked at everyone for approval when Zaroon Bhai’s phone started ringing. A smirk covered his face as if he had achieved something when he attended the call only for his smirk to grow bigger.

“Will you join us?” He asked to the person on the other side of the phone as he chuckled before putting the phone down.

“We will go to our beach this weekend.” He informed as everyone smiled with shocked expressions.

“Is he coming?” Areej asked about him as I was also curious to know about although I was excited to go to the beach but with him, I didn’t think I would be able to enjoy much. I could feel his aura conquering my senses from afar.

“Did he say he would join us?” Dad asked as his face was emotionless but I thought he was happy.

“No, he said f**k off.” Zaroon Bhai smirked while giving me a glance as Dad finally smiled at his statement.

“You know what we need?” Areej asked while chirping.

“Yes.” Suzi matched his smile.

*
“Shopping?” I looked at both of them when it was the next when they forced me to go shopping.

“I don’t think I can. I don’t even know if I am going on the beach with you.” I gave them the reason as I also didn’t have any money to spend.

“And why is that?” Areej was looking annoyed as she so wanted to go on shopping with me but I didn’t think I could.

“He won’t approve that.” I explained them as they gave me look as if they wanted to murder me.

“Do we need his permission?” Areej said as Suzi looked at her before she blurted out. “Fine we need his permission.” She said as she slumped down on the chair in front of me while my hand was busy chopping the spinach. I smiled at her expression as I got so excited yesterday hearing about the picnic as I almost forgot that I am the slave and I was there in that mansion because of him. I joined the dining table because dad asked me to eat everything with him like a family but yesterday when I sat with him it really made me question do I belong here…next to him?

“Fine ask for his permission.” Areej said as she gave me her phone.

“What no. I won’t.” I was about to walk away when Suzi stood opposite to me and then I heard the ringing. I turned around to find she had already called and now we could hear the ringing on the speaker.

“I don’t…how can I…. What I wo…” I wanted to run away when his voice echoed from the speaker.

“What do you want?”