SEVENTEEN

AYSHAM’S POV:

Everyone said that for lighten the mood and to fresh your mind we could something like a picnic with our closed ones. I never thought that because for me picnic was meant for extra amount of work and sometimes aunt didn’t use to bring me with her, but I was happy being alone in home as we have Netflix and I could watch anything but still I didn’t exploit my aloneness as what if aunt came back suddenly and caught me sitting idle and for the most fact watching something on Netflix as there were multiple series and in any series anything X-rated could pop up any minute.

It was like this when I was a teenager and a feeling of rebel used to erupt in my skin but it soon faded as I grew and after that I just use to sit alone and think about my life as where it was going ahead in my eyes. I was living a life without any purpose. Wake up early in the morning make breakfast, not for me, then tidy the home, alone, then make something for dinner and that also not for me. I had nothing to do with my own life and when the thinking could start my mind getting explode, I used to sleep. I sleep a lot just to avoid the life playing in front of me. Because I never wanted to complain. I never wanted negative thoughts to intrude inside me and start eating me like I was wood and they were termites.

Negative thoughts were sign of ungratefulness and ungratefulness enrage the hunger of more and more until you step into the dark world of depression.

“The water is so cold. It’s refreshing.” I was yanked back by the sound of Areej as she was swimming inside the water in her swimsuit. She had taken classes for swimming so she was a pro in that.

Suzi was sitting beside me drinking blueberry smoothie while both our feet were inside the water as we were sitting on the wooden deck. I splashed water as it sparkled and made waves in the water making me giggle.

“Yes…it is.” I agreed with Areej as she came forward towards me.

“Why don’t you come in?” She asked me as Suzi had already neglected because she didn’t like swimming also, she had to prepare for the supper.

“No…it will make me wet.” I made a point on my behalf but she smiled while forcing an eyeroll.

“Yeah…I am also appalled that swimming makes us wet.” She said as she was thinking it through.

“Yeah…you are genius. It never occurred to me.” Suzi shared a fake sympathetic look as I just bit my lower lip to not laugh.

It’s not I didn’t like to be wet I just didn’t to want to be wet and make my clothes cling to my body in front of the men and especially him.

It was a private beach with a farmhouse as we were the only one here and the concerned men were my two brothers, dad and him. They were sitting across us as Muzamil bhai already swam and then join everyone on the table. They must be discussing business and stuff as they were looking serious. Muzamil bhai was just wearing short while rubbing his hair with blue colored towel. Dad was wearing what he came with and Zaroon bhai changed into shorts and a T-shirt. The most casual I had ever seen him ever.

While he was wearing a khaki trouser with denim button down shirt…well his few top buttons were open showing his rock like chest intimidating everyone around him. His eyes were covered with sunglasses and that’s the 99% of the reasons I didn’t jump into the water.