THIRTY-NINE

AUTHOR’S POV:

The room was filled with smoke as the fireplace was ignited with multiple photographs of familiar people burning inside as if someone was trying to remove the itching pain by burning their faces in the burning fireplace. As if that could ease the pain and give them peace.

The door knocked but the man sitting in front of the fireplace didn’t budge his eyes from the burning photographs which were burning into ashes. The whole room was in dark as it was only the fire which was igniting the room. The closed curtains didn’t allow the moonlight to peek through them and enter the room which was giving the glimpse of a graveyard at that time as the silence was so dreadful that could make your spine shudder.

“Sir…” The man entered the room with dripping blood from his right arm while there was black coal powdered on his face. His breathings were harsh and small while his eyes held the fear of turning just like the photos in few minutes.

“Sir…” He tried to say something again with that pain filled in his eyes and trembling right arm because of the immense pain. The wounds were fresh and dripping blood as if he had come directly from the point of incidence to the man who was looking least interested in his voice filled with pain.

“Is it the Knights again?” The man spoke for the first in a while with his eyes still fixed on the fire just like the insides of his chest.

“Yes…They…they burned our rainforest warehouse.” The pain tried his best to convey the information without any hindrance as he hissed in the end making the man to sneer at the hissing sound. He knew his boss didn’t like the act of showing weakness. He said at the very start that if he wanted to work for him then he should lose his sensitive side and be man who acted like rock without any feelings inside. But he was a human who could feel pain if not happiness. His boss otherwise was a monster who couldn’t even feel any of those emotions in which we could call a person a human.

“And?” The man asked as if his mood was sour hearing him hissing at pain.

“All our workers are dead; the items are destroyed and three guards are also dead.” He reported as if in one of the three guards his brother wasn’t present. He was his elder brother as he entered first in the warehouse and got into the fire and exploded at the spot while he got injured his right arm. He saw his brother died in front of his eyes.

“Knights. They know how to play.” The man chuckled as the injured man tried to stand steady and still while he saw him ascending from the chair and turned around.

The fire spread light on one side of his face as his face spoke that he was the monster itself. The was a large scar on his left eyes which he didn’t try to hide for even a bit. The scar was started from his scalp and ended near his eyebrows as it looked so deep and prominent that it became prominent all over his face. He could hide that scare with the hairs or something else but he preferred not to. This was the scar who helped him being a monster as his face was the first thing he used to see in the morning and that glimpse early in the morning was enough to make him being evil for the rest of the day.

“Do you want to take revenge for your brother?” He said as his eyes travelled his arm drowned in blood with an invading smirk across his face.

“Yes. I do.” The injured man said with determination as there was blood swirling inside his eyes that was yearning for revenge.

“Then let’s start our game. Slowly and with a little spice torture.” He said as the moon couldn’t see them but hear what fate was going to act cruel to some people just because of someone’s dire need of revenge.

*

AYSHAM’S POV

“So, nothing happened last night?” Suzi asked one again when I was separating mint leaves for the juice that dad requested me to make for him while he was in the garden waiting for me but Suzi was adamant in teasing her to death.