TWENTY-TWO

Redness creeped up to my neck and reached my cheeks making me beetroot as I lowered my gaze. My heartbeat quickened in a different way when I heard his deep groan...no...it was more like a chuckle.

He heard that.

My eyes watered at the embarrassment as the tears were different from the previous ones. It's true that tears have types too although the contents are all the same.

He let go off me as he grabbed my wrist and took me out of the car. I thought I would fall down after not bearing the weight by my knees. They were numb although he hadn't done much but the way he sucked my tongue snatched the life out of my body and made my knees jell-like. It was a just a kiss and a new fear erupted in the pit of my stomach with a tingling sensation when I thought of him doing something more to me. That would be devastating for me because even thinking about that made my spine shudder.

He dragged me towards my seat and opened the door for me followed by his caress at my lower back to make me sit on the seat. Sometimes he acted like I was a baby but the scenario he put us through few minutes before negated my thoughts.

I sat silently completely forgetting about my previous embarrassment but when. He stopped the car in front of a small restaurant (Dhaba) my cheeks turned crimson. But the thought that food is going to come in my stomach made me a little happy.

His scanned the Dhaba with his scrutinized gaze as he clicked off his tongue in disappointment.

"Completely unhygienic." He muttered under his breath as he was about to start the car when I scoffed.

"What? You can't find your fancy restaurants to feed you fancy food." I couldn't help the remark that came out of my mouth without my permission. He was right I needed to be tamed. My mouth did.

"I don't need anyone to feed me." He rasped in his husky voice as his all attention was towards me making me squirm a little on my leather seat.

I didn't look at him but I just made a face as if he was blabbering.

"Fine. Let me show you." I could see through my peripheral vision that he quirked an eyebrow at my response. Banging slightly at the steering wheel he acted like as if he had accepted the challenge given by me.

We got out of the car as a small boy who worked their opened the door for me but soon ran away when he was encountered by his deadly glare. I felt bad for him but I couldn't glare back at him to stop scarring people.

He came across the car and grabbed my wrist to drag me with him. There were no customers as the tables were empty most probably because it was night time and also because this Dhaba was in the outskirts of Islamabad looking like vintage café.

He directly entered the staff room making me gasp as I thought we would sit on one of the tables. He was wrong as the way he muttered completely unhygienic it was nothing like that. The chef who was an old man with white beard and cap on his heard was cleaning the aisle most probably shutting down the dhaba for tonight.

"Give me this place for tonight." He didn't ask as he completely ordered when the man looked at him for a second with a confused expression but it soon evaporated when he took out few golden notes from his wallet making my jaw drop. The man left without uttering another word while my jaw was still hanging down on the floor.

Arrogant.

I muttered inside my head as I looked at his ego boosting up inside him. He thought he could buy anything with money. That wasn't partly a lie but it wasn't a complete truth either.

"What would you do if I proof you that I don't need people to make me fancy food?" He turned around towards me as he started folding his sleeves upward revealing his veiny arms and a slight glimpse of his flexed muscle. I managed to travel my gaze up towards his face to find him looking at me with mischief and some kind of determination in his eyes.