.Chapitre Vingt- huit.

Twenty minutes, it's been twenty freaking minutes since Ethan went into the wardens office alone.

I could hear a few muffled shouts from his room and that made me pace even more.

The secretary kept giving me sideways glances, I knew she heard the rumors and now knew they were true.

I mean, she saw us walk into the office holding hands and now she saw how nervous I was waiting for him.

I heard another shout and that's when I made up my mind.

Wiping my hands on my pants I began making my way to the door, leading into the wardens office.

"Ms. Spencer you can't go in there!" his secretary hollered after me. And after a moment of careful deliberation I responded the way any mature person would.

"Bite me!" I yelled before bursting my way into the wardens office.

Ethan and warden Taylor looked up, surprised at my interruption.

Once Ethan saw it was me he didn't look too surprised.

I smirked a bit, he knew me so well.

"Ms. Spencer what in the works are you doing in here?! This is a private meeting that you weren't invited to!" he asked and yelled out to me at the same time. I shrugged my shoulders and shut the door behind me, incase little miss secretary tried to drag me out.

"This meeting is about the rumors that were being spread around, right?" I asked, taking a seat near Ethan.

"Yes but--" The warden began to say but I cut him off. Part of me was scared because he was the warden but part of me also knew he couldn't do anything about it.

"Then I'm going to stay here since this is about me too," I said bluntly, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Fine do as you like," the warden said before turning toward Ethan. "Now back to the mature conversation between the adults..." He trailed off giving me a pointed look.

I opened my mouth to say something to him but Ethan shot a look toward me, a look I was very familiar with.

Usually it was used on Dale when he was about to say or do something stupid but this time, it was used on me.

The warden looked at me expectantly, like he was waiting for my response.

I huffed and crossed my arms, leaning back in my chair.

"Andrews," warden Taylor started, leaning forward on his desk. I think he was just doing it to look more intimidating. "I want you to tell me the truth about these rumors because there will be hell to pay if you don't."

Okay, now I could see why he wanted to be intimidating.

Ethan glanced over at me, almost like he was making sure this was okay with me.

I nodded my head yes and of course this didn't go unnoticed by the warden.

Ethan opened his mouth to answer the warden when he spoke up, interrupting him.

"Especially since I recall a certain somebody singing a contract that states what exactly?" He asked as he pulled out a folder with Ethan's name on the tab.

Ethan looked down at his hands and I wiped mine on my pants.

I was nervous.

What was going to happen to us if the warden took the news badly?

"The contract states that guards are not allowed to be in any type of relationship with the inmates," Ethan answered him stiffly.

The warden looked him in the eye starting him down.