.Chapitre Trente-trois.

I explained to her what happened in the years after I turned three all the way till up till kindergarten and when I started to realize what he did to me was wrong.

Marisa looked shocked and scared and horrified. I honestly have never seen her that way before, or as quiet.

But I couldn't stop, not even if I wanted to. I just had to get everything out there in the open to her. Marisa finally had to know.

So I carried on with everything.

Until the moment Marisa realized that the girl I was telling the story about wasn't made up and was actually me.

It was like seeing a levy break and standing idly by as all the water rushed out and destroyed a city. You wanted to help but knew there was absolutely nothing that you could do to stop it.

I tried to calm her down and I tried to tell her that I was fine now, that she didn't need to cry because of me.

Hell even Camilla tried to calm her but nothing seemed to work.

The passerby's looked at us in confusion and some even stopped to ask what was wrong or if we needed anything.

I didn't know what to do, being in a slight state of shock myself so Camilla covered by saying she just found out her boyfriend cheated on her and that they just broke up. After that they just walked away and left us alone.

Finally Marisa snapped out of her state of shock and began talking.

"Reagan, oh my god I'm so sorry and I just --" she cut off her rant and put her head in her hands slightly shaking it back and forth.

"Marisa... I'm fine I promise. That all happened a long time ago." I tried to comfort her. I even went as far as to gently rub her back.

Seeing her this broken by this news was shocking. If I had known that everything would shock her this much I never would have told her here, in such a public setting.

After a few more minutes of Camilla and I rubbing her back, she looked at me her eyes as wide as a does.

"That's where the story stops right? You're going to tell your mother everything and she stops him, right?" She asked hopefully.

I gulped and quickly looked away from her. How could I crush her hopes and tell her my mother was as much at fault as my my step-father?

With a deep breath, I looked over to her and smiled a bit.

"There's still a lot to the story so let's go sit somewhere more comfortable, okay?" She nodded a small yes and all three of us stood up from the bench.

Now we needed to find some place to go. Marisa suggested a bar because she really needed a drink but I didn't know about that due to the high number of people usually in bars.

Camilla agreed with Marisa and I was out voted on the matter so we made our way to a bar; that was until I looked across the street from the bar we were going to and noticed a pub that looked a lot less busy.

"Let's go over to the pub instead, it's a good compromise right?" I asked them both hopefully. Marisa opened her mouth to protest but she stopped and really looked at me.

She did it in the kind of way I didn't like. As if she was looking for a crack in my well built shield waiting for me to crumble, or I guess not wanting to be the thing that made me crumble.

"Marisa don't change the way you always used to act around me just because you know some of my story. I'm the same person I was way before today and you don't have to treat me like I'm some fragile bubble that could pop by accidentally breathing on it." I quietly snapped at her. I quickly turned around and walked toward the pub.