.Chapitre Trente-deux.

Ethan and I were the only ones left at our camp side, as Dale called it. Of course I told him to go have fun and hang out with Cole and Dale but he said he'd rather sit with me.

So that's what we were doing sitting, or I guess laying, under the shade.

Ethan was on his back and I was laying on top of him with my arms around his neck, playing with his hair softly while he was gently running his fingers up and down my spine.

I was comfortable and content just laying with him and bing able to listen to his heart beat. It made me feel safe and warm, like nothing could hurt me as long as Ethan was with me.

And it was at that moment that I knew I was in trouble. Whatever it was that I was feeling for Ethan wasn't just something small or unimportant and that scared the life out of me.

I moved my head and rested my chin on his chest to look down at him. His eyes were closed and once he noticed I was starring at him he popped one eye open to look at me.

"Yes?" He asked me tiredly.

"Nothing," I said with a small smile. Ethan rolled his eyes at me and sighed.

"Let's do something I'm on the verge of falling asleep." Ethan said lazily. I could faintly feel his hands still tracing patterns on my bare back, I felt his hands leave my body and they returned on the back of my thighs very close to my butt.

They began to inch up higher and higher and I couldn't help but laugh as I reached behind me and moved his hands away.

I sat up so I was straddling him and saw he was smirking.

"You are such a pervert," I told him sternly, even though I had a smile on my face.

Ethan sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist, this time I made sure to keep track of where his hands were.

"Only around you," he replied cockily. This made me roll my eyes and push his shoulder. "Come on, lets do something I'm bored," he pleaded with me.

"I told you to go off with Cole and Dale and you said no because you wanted to sit in the shade,"

"Well I lied," he said and I scowled st him. "I didn't want to stay in the shade, I wanted to stay with you, Reagan,"

I didn't know if I could still be mad with him after that answer.

"But you're ruining all of your fun because of me today Ethan, why? I told you I accepted your apology you don't have to make up for anything."

Ethan grabbed my face in his hands gently. "Yes I do Reagan, I shouldn't have brought all that shit home with me and I really shouldn't have took it out on you --"

"But Ethan," I tried to protest but he shushed me and surprisingly he only used a finger this time instead of his whole hand.

"I want to spend the whole day with you okay? Now stop obsessing over if I'm having fun or not because I am."

He moved his finger away and smiled.

"Fine, have it your way Ethan!" I shot back at him.

"I'd be able to if you took off your shorts!" He retorted and I blushed and slapped his chest and he laughed at me.

"Woah there! What exactly did we walk in on?!" I heard Marisa ask us in mock shock. I blushed and put my face in the crook of Ethan's shoulder. He just laughed and I don't know if it was at me or at his stupid cousin.

"Oh I'm just trying to convince Reagan to actually do something fun besides sitting here." Ethan spoke up.

At his comment I recovered from my embarrassment, although my face was still a bit red but we'll just all agree to disagree that it was the heat.