.Trente- quatre.

I could count on my right hand the number of times I've been scared out of my mind. Today was the fifth and hopefully last. And of course like two of the other times, it was because of Ethan.

The first time Ethan scared me was when he asked me to move in with him. Obviously it wasn't just him in the house since Cole and Dale lived with him. But either way I was scared. I never knew what it was like to have a boyfriend or live with someone who didn't want to constantly hurt me. Of course most of the time it was like I was still in prison.

Not that living with Ethan was bad or anything, it was just that I got to see him, Dale, and Cole on a daily basis.

The second time he scared me was when he taught me how to drive. But I knew he regretted it though, especially because of the whole speeding thing. He just never admitted it to me.

Today was a disastrous day. Today Ethan, Marisa, and I were flying to Iowa.

All thanks to the goons and their idiotic plan that could have killed them.

Well that and Marisa and Ethan were going for his parents thirty-second anniversary and I was being dragged along since Ethan and I were together, and because for some reason his parents wanted to meet me.

The day we land in Iowa and go out to dinner with his parents will also be our four month anniversary.

It wasn't like I was counting or anything, it was just simply marked on the calender in the kitchen.

That's all.

I was really nervous. What would his parents think of me? Would they hate me or make Ethan brake up with me because of my past?

Marisa suggested that we make up a quick lie to tell them but I wasn't so sure about it. Neither was Ethan. He said he was close to his parents and that they're really understanding.

Especially his father.

I just hoped he was right about them.

Right now we were in the airport waiting for the plane to board. Flying wasn't the part that scared me it was landing and seeing his parents.

Ethan seemed to notice how stressed I was because he stood in front of me and pulled my hands so I had to stand up.

I wiped my palms on the back of my sweat pants. Sweaty palms were my major nervous habit. It was the one everyone knew about and they could pick up on it from a mile away.

"Reagan it's going to be fine, they'll love you I promise." he tried to reassure me. I smiled weakly and fanned my face for a moment.

"Do I have to go? I just don't want to lie to them but at the same time I don't want them to hate me." I whispered to him quietly.

I heard him sigh and then he pulled my head closer to him and lightly kissed my lips. My heart was beating for more reasons than one.

I was nervous to meet his parents and making my heart best faster was something Ethan always seemed to do which was funny since he was also the only one that could calm me down.

I grabbed onto his jacket and pulled him closer to me, which was probably a bad idea since we were in the airport. His hands snaked around to my back and pulled me closer to him.

"Okay you two, thats enough, we're in a crowded airport!" Marisa spoke up from beside us. I pulled away quickly and pushed Ethan away from me.

Oops, kind of forgot that Marisa was here.

I smiled apologetically at her and mouthed sorry. Ethan of course smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

Maybe a little kiss was all I needed.