.Chapitre Quatorze.

It was lunch time which meant Dale wasn't in the room and it was safe to be outside of mine. The only reason I was hiding was thanks to Camilla's big mouth, if she hadn't said anything to Dale about that stupid almost kiss he wouldn't be complaining that Cole cheated him in the bet.

I sighed and slammed down the cards I had in my hand. Cole looked up at me confused.

“What's up?” Cole asked me confused, shuffling his hand and facing it towards his body. I rolled my eyes at this, like I wanted to see his cards. 

“I was just thinking about stuff,” I told him vaguely, letting out a yawn. 

“Come on, you can't really be tired again! We have to finish our game and Ethan told me to make sure you eat lunch!” he complained like a kid, I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm; hard. 

“Give that to Ethan for me along with this message, 'I can take care of myself' got it?” he nodded and began to put the cards away. 

I was always tired lately, and I didn't know why. Most likely because I knew I’d be out of here soon so doing the same repetitive things over and over again was getting to me. Everyday it was the same. Wake up, eat lousy food, go back to my cell, sit around, eat lousy food again, return to my cell, sit around/work out, go to sleep, repeat.

If there was a way to get out of here sooner, I’d be the first person in line to sign up. I stole the last bit of Cole's sandwich and began walking to my room.

“Hey!” he yelled after me upset. I smirked even thought he couldn't see me and made my way to my room. Looking over to the corner I saw that my clothes were beginning to pile up. With a sigh I made my way over the them and gathered them up in my hands. 

This was another thing I hated about being locked up in here, you always had to constantly do laundry. Just three more months, I kept chanting to myself in my head, three more months and I was out of here. 

The bigger question was, where would I go?

There was no way in hell I was going back to live with my so called parents, or my Uncle Rick for that matter. Either way I was doomed to see his face. I was too old to be put into the foster care system so the only place I could think of was a woman's shelter that dealt with people who have been... attacked like I was.

Would that work out well with the courts though? If I ended up going to a shelter? I didn't even want to begin to think about that right now.

What did I even come in my room to do in the first place? 

Laundry, that's it. 

I looked down at the pile of clothes on my lap an saw a pair of sweats with the corner of a letter sticking out of it. 

Crap! I forgot all about this letter!

This is one of the reasons why Ms. Ada shouldn't have made me a pen-pal, I was to irresponsible and neglectful.