.Chapitre Quatre.

I woke up to someone's steady breath in my ear. I opened my eyes wide trying to see who it was, that's when I realized it was Ethan and I instantly relaxed. Wait, that was a bad reaction to have to him. The attachment that was forming between Ethan and I wasn't a good thing, it would only end badly. 

I was starting to feel like a broken record with the same reminder repeating in my head; Nothing can happen between us, it will only end badly, blah, blah, blah.

I closed my eyes and let out a small sigh as he unconsciously pulled me closer to him. After five minutes of trying to go to sleep I finally gave up. There was no way I would be able to go back to sleep with everything that happened yesterday fresh in my mind. It jut caught me off guard how much he listened to me and stayed with me even thought he could have gotten fired for it.

The problem was I didn't want Ethan to loose his job and have to go back to Iowa with his parents. As selfish as it sounds, I wanted him to stay here.

Ethan stirred in bed and I knew he was awake. Wanting to savor these last few moments I pretended like I was asleep. He moved a few strands of hair out of my face and I fought the urge to smile and move myself closer to him.

After a while of laying there while he played with my hair I opened my eyes, deciding it was time to wake up.

“Good morning,” he greeted me with a small smile. I couldn't help the smile that made it's way onto my face when I heard his voice.

“Morning.” I greeted back as I softly rubbed my eyes. We didn't say anything after that. He knew what had to happen next and so did I. After a few final moments of bliss, he cleared his throat.

“I should probably get going before everyone comes back.” he spoke softly, probably trying not to startle me. I reluctantly nodded and closed my eyes as his arms unwrapped from around my waist and he finally stood up from the bed.

All of a sudden I felt a pair of soft lips kiss the tip of my nose. Not even a minute after that the door opened and closed softly, telling me that he finally left.

He kissed me. He actually kissed me. It may not have been a mouth-to-mouth kiss but it was still a kiss none the less. I smiled brightly at the thought then frowned and let out a frustrated sigh. All this stress and thinking was starting to get to me so I changed into some prison appointed workout clothes and headed down the hall to the gym.

I flicked on the light switch and the overhead lights brightly flooded the room. What should I start on first? Treadmill, weights, or the kickboxing. Maybe I should start with stretching first. After five minutes of stretching I decided to use the treadmill first, just to get my heart rate up. 

Starting out slow and working my way up, I kept up this pace for fifteen minutes till my legs where starting to tingle.

“Okay, running is done.” I spoke aloud to myself, just needing to hear something besides my labored breathing.

Thoughts of Ethan suddenly came to me and I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. Nope, my goal was to stop thinking about him as more than a member of the Prick Patrol. Yes, he may be the nicest guard here – along with Cole –  but I forbid myself to think about him like he wasn't a guard.

For now I was. 

Stupid guard messing up my head. I wish he never even got a job here.

No you don't, your lucky he got a job here.

Shut up, brain, not talking to you! I let out a sigh as I began to wrap my hands, this was proving my point of why I needed to be moved to a mental institution. Normal people didn't talk to themselves, or have fights with their inner voice.