.Chapitre Huit.

I ended up chickening out. There was no way I was honestly going to go up to Ethan and confronting him. Well, maybe if I was crazy I would have.

The way the girl looked at me with her cat-like eyes. It wasn't disgust, or any other nasty reaction I expected from her. It was curiosity, and what also looked like kindness, as if she already knew me and, well, liked me.

It was confusing. To see someone as beautiful as her not look down on me for being in a dirty, cold, prison was refreshing. As I looked into the mirror after my shower, I sighed. There was nothing special about me. My face was plain and boring, unlike the girl who Ethan so carelessly had his body wrapped around.

My eyes weren't stunning and neither where my other facial features. I finished drying off my body with another sigh and quickly got dressed. I was worrying about a girl I didn't even know and comparing myself to her all because of Ethan.

Oh the stupid things having a crush makes you do.

Slowly but surely, I was coming out of my mopping state. Sooner or later I was going to have to face Ethan and just the mere thought of it pissed me off. I took the frail comb and brushed through my hair angrily.

After removing the chair from under the door I stepped out of the bathroom. Ethan wasn't in the room, which made me feel a little less pissed off.

I plopped myself down on the couch and crossed my arms under my breasts. I could already tell this was going to be a bad day, a very, bad, day.

Dale walked in the room whistling the tune to some song I didn't know.

“Hey,” I greeted him casually.

“Sup'?” he greeted back, along with a small nod. I smiled at this and he beamed as he sat down on the couch with me.

“What's got you so pissed off this morning?” I turned my head to Dale and raised one of my eyebrows skillfully.

“Who's to say I’m pissed off?” I half lied to him. I was shocked my voice didn't escalate or falter when I said that. But then again, it wasn't really a lie. I was just really mad, not pissed. There was a huge difference.

“You, Miss I'm-going-to-sit-here-with-a-scowl-on-my-face-and-sulk.” Dale said all in one big word. He sounded like a child and I burst out laughing. It was really hard to stay mad at something, or someone, around Dale.

“Dale, don't ever do that again, you sound like a little girl.” I accused pointing my finger at him. He jutted out his bottom lip and linked his fingers together, like he was holding hands with himself. He widened his eyes at me and made a small whimpering noise. Overall, one of the best puppy faces I’ve ever seen.

“Pleasee?” he drawled out the last 'E' on the word please and I rolled my eyes at him, getting up from the couch to walk to my room. I fished out the books I got from the library and handed them to Dale. Something tells me he likes the librarian and wouldn't mind taking them back there for me.

Just as I thought that, he smiled eagerly and almost bolted out of the door to take the books back.

I was truly beginning to see Dale as a older brother. Okay, I lied. Maybe a younger brother. He may be twenty-four but he acted like a child. One that you wanted to look out for and protect.

Way different from the Dale I used to know. Maybe that was because the Dale I used to know wasn't the real him. I had a feeling that was all Darren's doing.

Darren. On the top ten list of people I couldn't stand. I would hate say but that list was only open for two people who I wish where dead. And more than likely they where. At least, I really hoped they where. As horrible as that sounds.