.Chapitre Onze.

(Listen to the song on the side for this chapter, I love it!)

Ethan brushing hair from my face was the thing that woke me up in the morning. I kept my eyes closed and moved closer to his chest. There was nothing better than waking up in Ethan’s arms.

I felt safe around him, and it didn't matter to me that he was a guard and that I was an inmate. Being near him made me feel safe and protected, like nothing could ever hurt me again. But I knew two things that could hurt me and, of course, they both involved him.

Even though I didn't want to feel selfish and upset over this, I had to do what I did last time this happened. It was the only way to make things right. Ethan was beginning to mean more and more to me each and everyday and if he lost his job because of me, I would never forgive myself. Top that off with my parole hearing that was fast approaching and you got a very messy situation.

Oh god, I hate myself even more right now for even thinking this. There wasn't a way around it though, I made up my mind and I had to say something right now, I just had to do something otherwise Ethan could lose his job and I’d lose my chance of parole.

But maybe. . .

Maybe there was a way around this, maybe there was a way for me to ignore this and not say anything.

Nothing could ever go my way though, and there wasn't a way around it and the thought almost made me want to cry.

I opened my eyes and saw Ethan looking at me with a smile on his face. Of course I smiled back at him, but it wasn't a good smile like his was, mine was one of those 'we need to talk' smiles.

“Ethan...” I whispered to him softly. He closed his eyes a shook his head, pulling his arms away from me.

“No, Reagan. Please, not this again.” I bit my lip and nodded sadly. He left out of the bed and I heard him start pacing. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, ready to talk to him. “Do you know what this does to me?”

“No I-” I began but he quickly cut me off.

“Exactly! You don't know! One minute this thing, whatever this is between us, is on and it's going fine and the next thing I know, bam,” he slapped his hands together, causing me to jump a bit. “you change your mind and kick me out!” he was pissed off, a idiot would be able to tell that.

But he wasn't the only one that was pissed, I was too and to make matters worse I was never one to control my anger.

“Do you think I’m doing this for fun? That this is just some game or something for me to pass my time with? I’m taking this seriously and acting like a rational adult here Ethan, I have my parole to think about and your job since you seem to keep forgetting you could be fired!”

“I don't care about my job, Reagan.” he ran his hand through his hair and began to walk toward the door, I followed him not done with this conversation that he started.